Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• making magic is fun!

Re: Disney Fighting 'FastPass' Sales

I cant believe people sell these on ebay and I am more shocked that someone would buy them.
    Kelly

• Banned User

The first post here is further proof that Fastpass needs to go for good. When CMs are not looking at dates and allowing people to access FP lines way after the time window has expired... there is then a problem. This causes further backups for guests who were not able toget a Fastpass for whatever reason. It's simply not fair. When you are standing by for any given ride for 2-3 hrs, while others who abuse the system go to the front right away... again, there is a problem. (At least at TDL, the CMs do look at the date on the ticket and will deny you entry, as I have seen it done, but TDL has a unique set of problems that have sprung up due to FP but I won't discuss that here)

Disney should never give priority to anyone, period. The system is flawed and the human factor it depends on makes it even more flawed.

Fastpass needs to GO for good. Or else, Disney needs to start charging extra money for it. Wanna cut to the front? Then PAY UP IN $$$ for the benefit. Plain and simple.

Enough catering to the lazy masses out there. Stand in line like anyone else and restore the quality of the lines' story and theme.

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Fastpass needs to GO for good. Or else, Disney needs to start charging extra money for it. Wanna cut to the front? Then PAY UP IN $$$ for the benefit. Plain and simple.
    I think is this one place where Universal has gotten it right.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Enough catering to the lazy masses out there. Stand in line like anyone else and restore the quality of the lines' story and theme.
    FP fan that I am, Expedition Everest and Toy Story Midway Mania are examples of attractions where you are really cheating yourself by using FP. EE has one of the, if not the, best queues of any Disney ride and by using FP you miss all of the wonderful artifacts that Joe Rhode and his team went to such lengths to recreate.

• Banned User

just get rid of fastpass disney otherwise it is pointless to resist.

and for the clowns taht want barcodes on every fastpass ticket that will slow the lines down EVEN more cuz now the guy/gal has to scan every single individual ticket.

Blog Entries

I think is this one place where Universal has gotten it right.
    They're getting better, but not right. With the express pass, you're only supposed to be able to use it once per ride, it has been very easy to just remove the mark that the CM's put on the express pass (or maybe they didn't even take time to put one). Now however they're scanning them, which is supposed to remove the chance of abuse. Who knows what they do if it rejects someone though. I haven't seen it happen so I don't know.

I do know that Universal sometimes has a horrible time of mixing the Express Pass and regular guests. I once stood next to the entrance to the ride for 20 minutes while wave after wave of Express Pass people filed right by. I personally hate both express pass and fast pass. I'd rather see them both gone.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

I whole heartedly agree....get rid of it altogether!

• Lady & The Tramp

Lightbulb Re: Disney Fighting 'FastPass' Sales

Quote Originally Posted by cyre View Post
    This has to be the best quote ever!
    That is a funny quote,

I think there is no way for them to be able to monitor the fast passes, unless they roll out the scanners for the fast passes. There is a few things they would have to do be able to fix the over abusing the Fast Passes. When you enter you pass to get the fast passes, it needs to scan to make sure the pass has been used, otherwise you can use your buddies pass if they aren't with you just to get an extra fast pass. Then when you go to hand your fast pass to the fast pass taker, then they would have to scan it through the machine to make sure it is still valid.

But I think that would take too much time and too much, and even though they have the money to do it, the likelihood for it to happen is a small chance.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    Just train the attraction CMs to look at the time and the date. How hard is that? It would add about 5 nanoseconds to the time it takes to check a FP ticket.
    This sounds good in theory, but can you imagine how hard it would be to actually do? As fast as they're taking those tickets, right now they only look at one number, the start time, to see if the ticket's good. But if they had to look at the constantly changing start time, and a differently changing end time, and also look at a date - man, I think my brain would fry pretty quickly. I just don't see that it's realistic to check all those numbers on the fly.

I do like the idea of a bar code reader, though. The CM can be there to enforce things, but it's basically the computer that tells you if your ticket is good or not. Simple, and easily enforceable.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    This sounds good in theory, but can you imagine how hard it would be to actually do? As fast as they're taking those tickets, right now they only look at one number, the start time, to see if the ticket's good. But if they had to look at the constantly changing start time, and a differently changing end time, and also look at a date - man, I think my brain would fry pretty quickly. I just don't see that it's realistic to check all those numbers on the fly.
    Give the people some credit... its not like they have to SEARCH for all these things.. they are all right there printed large.

Second... where is this flood of fastpass people keep eluding to that need to be processed quickly? At the greeter position fastpass people are only going to flow in as fast as you allocate time slots to allow. Plus, a delay there isn't hurting load at all.. because people queue up past the greeter. Past pass entrance is a trickle... not a flood.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Animation Domination

Barcodes idea on fastpass is a really dumb idea this will cause lines to move slower.

• Rear Window=Best Movie

universal doesn't have it right... their express pass has made the regular lines ridiculous. it is unblanced. they should limit how many people have express passes.

• Banned User

I agree. Universal's Express is a mess as well. But at least people are paying for the benefit. I choose not to pay so I deal with it. At Disney? Once FPs run out for any particular ride, I am screwed by not having a choice but to stand by like a rock in garden... sitting there for eternity
    This sounds good in theory, but can you imagine how hard it would be to actually do?
    Bull. The TDR CMs do this all of the time with no problems. In Tokyo, they do look at your Fp ticket and they do stop you from going in if your FP is not current, and they also deal with much bigger crowds than those seen at WDW. CMs here are lazy and do not want to "incovenience" guests. However, I did put this to the test several times... and only ONCE was i told not to ride and my old FP was confiscated.. and it happened at Soarin'.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

TDLFAN, I can't match your personal experience with TDL. All I can say is that I stand by my post - to look at all 3 figures on FP's (start time, end time, date) and keep current with the FLOOD of FP users would be next to impossible, IMO.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by WDWImagineer View Post
    universal doesn't have it right... their express pass has made the regular lines ridiculous. it is unblanced. they should limit how many people have express passes.
    Exactly - that is what make's FP work... by controlling how much of your capacity you are giving out for any time window.

The reason FP 'fails' and causes extra wait is simply when the system ignores its principle design... distribution of load.

When you ignore the return time window, you aren't distributing load, you are simply delaying someone's entry to the line.

When you ignore load predictions and just give out extraordinary amounts of FP tickets you ignore the impact the FPs have on ride waits.

If Disney simply stuck to the design - it wouldn't be an issue. Because you control how many people return at any given time. That includes load at the greeter (within margins because you can't control how many 'out of window' people may try to enter the ride) and load on the actual ride itself.

Give people a 1 or 2 hour grace period.. build that into the statistical model.. and enforce return times. For guest relations... if someone returns with an expired FP, if FPs are still available, have them dispense a new FP for the attraction even if they already have one (override the 2hr hold).

FP can be done great if you simply follow the rules. If you ignore its principles, then its no longer FP and becomes some monster. Disney is creating their own problems.

Wouldn't suprise me if this is empire feuding. Someone telling a group they must use FP, while they don't want to, so they undermine the system by changing allocations and refusing to use the system properly.. leading to it looking like it doesn't work well.

Am I evil? yes, I am

• Pilot EdForceOne

TDLFAN, I can't match your personal experience with TDL. All I can say is that I stand by my post - to look at all 3 figures on FP's (start time, end time, date) and keep current with the FLOOD of FP users would be next to impossible, IMO.
    Again.. where is this flood?

If you are giving out a FIXED number of tickets per time window... you are controlling how many people will return to the gate +/- people who are not in their return window.

Am I evil? yes, I am

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast