Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• ROFLCOPTER

Beastly Kingdomme

I have a few questions about Beasly Kingdomme, the 'lost' land of Animal Kingdom.

1) Why was the Kigdomme not built? Money reasons? Time Reasons? The box-office dud 'Rein of Fire'? Is it a mix of all or some of the reasons?

2) What attractions where planed for this land? I have heard about a Fantasia-themed ride with dancing Hippos, a Coaster with a 'Dragon' theme, and a Dragon maze. I have heard that the Coaster was not built because its theme was centered around the movie "Rein of Fire', but the movie bomed and the land was missing a 'Star' attraction. Was there any other rides planed?

3) Was Expedition Everest the Beastly Kigdomme?

Anybody have any answers or ideas, please post.
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

• ROFLCOPTER

Re: Beastly Kingdomme

So..
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

• ROFLCOPTER

Any Ideas?
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

• ROFLCOPTER

Anybody.....
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

• ROFLCOPTER

(sigh)
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

1) It was initially killed from Phase I (opening day) back in 1995 (ish). As to why it never was reborn for Phase II, well I'm going to be one of those "blame execs" people and blame Pressler. He came to power for all the parks in 99-00 and killed many things. It could be that IOA's opening with a dragon land might have hurt it, but I still think it was Pressler and his hatred for $100 million rides.
    2) It had 2 sides, light and dark. The light had a Unicorn maze and an IASW style boat ride through Fantasia (mostly, if not all outdoors though). The dark side had a dragon ride and a castle.
    No, this land was deisgned long before Reign of Fire, Reign of Fire doing good might have helped BK but they were not attached.
    3) No Everest and BK are the same only in that there is a thrill ride and big AA involved. They're too seperate things.

• Disney Memory Maker

Although time, money & RoF all were factors, the major reason was a little show called Festival of the Lion King. You see, everything in Camp Minnie Mickey was supposed to be temporary until phase II kicked in. What the Walt Disney Company did not anticipate was FotLK becoming so damn popular. Because of it's immense popularity, the theater is now enclosed, permanent and enhanced lighting effects have been put in place. Beastlie Kingdomme was supposed to be where CMM is. So put 2 & 2 together, and you see that BK only lives on in the park's logo.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Banned User

Beastly Kingdom can live... Just say.. build a new theater in africa.. or do what they do in dino land... remember Tarzan plays/played in Dinoland USA....

Why they don't do it is money... and they wanted a tie in... and a few other things... there is hope from Narnia that they can build Beastly Kingdom and overlay it as Narnia... Oh.. and FYI.. there is no need to post many times in a row in one day.. if this was lost maybe you could.. but please do not do that again.. esp in short amount of time..

• ROFLCOPTER

There making a nemo show their, but they could move the lion King show to Africa...
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

• Disney Memory Maker

They could move it, but they have spent so much time, effort & money to make that theater permenant, that I doubt it'll move anytime soon. Then of course, if it ain't broke, don't move it.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Although it's true that the Festival of the Lion King is located on land originally designated for Beastly Kingdomme, it takes up less than a third of that land. There was a plan in place to build BK on the land between FotLK and Rainforrest Cafe (extening it out beyond DAK's back-stage road) allowing FotLK to stay, but Pressler and Eisner killed it.

Don't expect it to ever come back, most of the Imagineers who championed it have been laid off. Most of the executives running Disney today have been there less than five years and don't know the original intention for this land. Joe Rohde can only shout for so long before they label him a nut. Game over, Beastly Kingdomme is dead.
    Last edited by Mr. Eggz; 08-25-2005 at 05:25 AM.

^^^Sadly, I agree. And FotLK has little to do with it. A theater can be moved ... anyone remember the original Theater of the Stars at Disney-MGM? And how it moved to make way for Sunset Blvd after less than five years.

Rohde basically told me it was dead two years ago.

Maybe around 2012 they'll get around to removing the dragon from the park's logo!

• Banned User

FACT: Expedition Everest was originally designed for Beastly Kingdom when it
    was going by the name "Forbidden Mountain: Legend of the Yeti".

• Rock The World

It's a real shame that this section of the park never saw the light of day. I've read about the proposed rides in some detail, and they all sounded great! Nevertheless, a good idea never really dies - it just goes to Tokyo! lol! Seriously though, all the wonderful but never-quite-made-it ideas from the development of Disneyland Paris found their way into Tokyo DisneySea. It wouldn't surprise me if bits and pieces of Beastly Kingdomme eventually started popping up in the Japanese (and maybe Chinese?) resort.

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626
    FACT: Expedition Everest was originally designed for Beastly Kingdom when it
    was going by the name "Forbidden Mountain: Legend of the Yeti".
    A) Do you have any source/proof/evidence to back up that that is a fact? Because I've always heard that EE never had anything to do with Beastlie Kingdomme.

B) The attraction still has that name more or less. it is called "Expedition Everest: The Legend of the Forbidden Mountain."

On a side note about EE, I think it is so great that Disney is going to do EE: Mission Himilayas (where they will search the Himilayas for new species and even possibly try and find the yeti...all to help the attraction be more authentic)

-Michael

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast