• MiceAge Columnist
    • Curator of Yesterland

July 31, 2008: Lilo & Stitch's Ohana Luau

Lilo & Stitch invite you to hang around the Pizza Oom Mow Mow patio at Yester California Adventure for Lilo & Stitch’s Ohana Luau.

Link to Lilo & Stitch's Ohana Luau at Yesterland

Please discuss it here.
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

• Circle of Ancients

Re: July 31, 2008: Lilo & Stitch's Ohana Luau

I remember that thing Werner. Actually have a few pictures of the kids with Lilo and Stitch.

I thought it was around longer than that.

• Just this guy......

This was one of the things that the DCA was missing and since these small shows have gone away are missing again. Which is small entertainment. Think of the Dans of Main Street, The trash Can Trio, the princesses storytelling all little treasurers of Disneyland. But the DCA has never allowed this type of entertainment to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach View Post
    This was one of the things that the DCA was missing and since these small shows have gone away are missing again. Which is small entertainment. Think of the Dans of Main Street, The trash Can Trio, the princesses storytelling all little treasurers of Disneyland. But the DCA has never allowed this type of entertainment to grow.
    But DCA has the talking trash can!

As always, great article, Werner

Hawaiians L&S taking a vacation in California? That's so lame. That's the problem with a park themed to California, you're restricted in theme. But actually, although I didn't actually see this, I probably would have accepted it without much questioning. It's just when I actually hear the explanation that I roll my eyes.

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Lilo scares me with her feet and eyes and Stitch's head is too small.

• FastPass n00b

This kind of reminds me of the Tahitian Terrace over in Yesterland. This was necessary to add a cartoon character though because there's no Polynesian venue to sell the tropical theme other than the stage. Let's just hope that they don't feel it's necessary to add cartoon characters to the Tahitian Terrace once that place comes back.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Goover View Post
    Lilo scares me with her feet and eyes and Stitch's head is too small.
    Lilo has always looked like she belongs with the rest of the Peanuts characters over in Knott's Berry Farm.

And YES, Disney has yet to design an outfit for Stitch that REALLY MAKES HIM LOOK LIKE STITCH. Get it right, Disney!

Werner does mention they have Lilo and Stitch merchandise nearby,
    In fact they did have a small cart with some merchandise. BUT you were lucky to findy ANY merchandise with either Lilo or Stitch. Truth is, Disney Couldn't keep the very limited merchandise on the shelves, as it was selling faster than they could unpack it. You were lucky to find ANY Stitch merchandise ANYWHERE in the resort. And for the first time in a LONG TIME Disney finally had a new character that not only appealed to girls, but also to boys, and not just little boys, but Bigger boys, like those over 20 years of age!

and yes Werner points out the KinderKamp make over that area near Pizza Oo Mow Mow went through, and that DL Guests did miss the bigger things DL had been doing for the new animated movies. BUT also, remember that in 2002, placing new Disney Character in the desolute DCA was the equivalent to sending them to the Russian Front!

Disney really lost a lot by not doing more for the movie. Consider that the horrible 45th DL Parade of the Stars was in it's 3rd tired year. Then consider the boost DL could have had by offering a Lilo and Stitch Parade in DL! That could have been one of Disney's most memorable parades, with Hawaiian Music, Tropical Floats, AND Alien Spaceships!!!!! Who wouldn't have loved to see Alien 6 armed Stitch just after he lands on earth with smoke surrounding him, shouting "Meesa Neela Qweesta! hahahahahaha" In fact they really missed out on promoting the whole alien aspect of several characters in the movie!

Really, Woody's Round up in the Golden Horseshoe was better than the schlock entertainment offered for Lilo and Stitch.

It's just sad to see such a great opportunity completely messed up by Disneyland.

Lilo is huge for a kid!