1920's & 1930's Theme

This proposed theme for Calif. Adventure has an odd coincidence for my family. My son was one of the original Mouseketeers & now has a successful band that specializes in the music of that very period, some of which was published by my father. I remember attending the opening day of Disneyland in 1955, officiated, I believe, by Ronald Reagan. Son Johnny was already there & in costume with the rest of the Mouseketeers, and for the first couple of weeks they were part of a "circus" in a tent where Magic Mountain now stands. My other son, Bobby, was once a guest on one of the TV segments & performed a fencing demonstration with Johnny, for that was our main sport then. I think Johnny's band would be a natural fit for the Carthay Circle if it turned out to be more than a facade. malcm (Robert Crawford). PS: Listen to some of Johnny's music on his website.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Re: 1920's & 1930's Theme

I absolutely love music and just about everything really from this time period. I'd like to see more of it in California Adventure besides just Tower of Terror.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• AP holder 400 miles away

from what i saw of the new changes there coming to DCA it's gonna be more of a 50's 60's looking theme there

• Mrs. J. Depp

Bummer. I actually can embrace all vintage time periods because I like history. My favorite time period just happens to be The Roarin 40's.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Semi-Lurker

Wow, your son is Johnny Crawford from "The Rifleman"? Too cool. I know this is a Disney board but do you have any good John Wayne stories from the filming of "El Dorado"? I've seen your son's band and they were great.

Sorry, no re. your request, but Johnny has a pair of leather chaps that were used by Wayne. And yes, another connection is that Johnny is going "steady" with Kim Darby. She played opposite John Wayne in "True Grit". Glad you liked John's band - he has a new album on the market - check his website.

• Mousketeer

Don't want to be a jerk, (which means I'm about to be one), but the original Mickey Mouse club was set up in the 1930's. Kids would gather at theaters, watch Mickey cartoons, and they even had a official chant and song.

There is a good web page about this here

The 50's version was the 2nd Mickey Mouse club.

Great strory though. Good luck to your son.
    Last edited by Yendorb; 11-28-2008 at 08:58 AM.

• Animatronic

I love micechat and how much knowledge is here!

As for the band, I love the sound and the music. Wonderfully dated. If I stumbled across the band playing in DCA, it would certainly add a ton of class to that park.

Alas, I have no idea how Disney entertainment works, but if they read micechat, PLEASE BOOK THIS BAND somewhere in the new 1920's/1930's themed areas! (and be sure to promote it in the AP newsletter so I know which day to show up!)
    it's a sale of candy and a sale of plush, it's a sale of toys and disney stuff
    there's so much that we sell, that it's time we tell, it's a plush plush sale!

Yendorb: Thanks for the lead to very interesting stuff re. orig MM Club. Also, your sketchbook indicates MUCH talent - is it your profession? Lore: Thanks for yr comment. If the "20/30's theme" ever develops, it'll probably BE in the 20's again!

• Mousketeer

Thank you, and yes it is.