Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Submarine Voyage vs. People Mover

People Mover is the one I want back but I still love the old Subs WAYYYYY more than Nemo..

• Queen of Randomness

People Mover

There needs to be more activity and movement in Tomorrowland.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

• Iron-Clad Allie

I have not rode the Nemo Subs as of yet. Will definitely do so in a few months, though. As much as I loved the old subs, I've been there and done that. The new ride is something that excites my sea fairing spirits!

So, if I had to chose between the too attractions, the old PeopleMover would be my choice. However, I rode it so many times that I can pretty take the trek around tomorrowland in my mind. So here again, I look forward to something new. Something with high capacity yet significantly different that travels throughout Tomorrowland on a track.

Although I hold my old memories close to my heart, happy new memories are a most wonderful thing.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Talking Re: Submarine Voyage vs. People Mover

Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDBUSA View Post
    It's gotta be Peoplemover. I loved that ride as a child. I just thought it was the coolest thing to be able to ride around Tomorrowland. Riding by Tron, Circlevision(?) theater, ahh the good ole days.
    Was Tron always on the Peoplemover? Or did I ride it previously to Tron being there?! I only slightly remember Tron, what I really remember was a miniature city layout at some point on the ride. I didn't imagine that did I? I used to always want to ride the Peoplemover because of that. I say bring back the Peoplemover!

• Lycanthropic Tendencies

The original Subs were fun, but i gotta go with The People Mover, my Grams and i would get on this one first thing everytime we went to Disneyland. my mom and others would always get on faster rides and but Grams and i never tired of The People Mover, man i wish they would bring that back. last time i went on it was in the early '90's.
    "Yep, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Life moves pretty fast and if you don't stop to take a look around once in a while you could miss it."

Lucas

i was able to ride The Rocket Rods once which was the second day after the new Tomorrowland had opened, i remember that line stretching like forever, we had at least a 2 hr wait. i remember my mom being so worried about that ride since they kept having problems with the cars on it or something, and they would constantly have to do maintanance on them the whole time we were in line it seemed. anyways we got to ride on it, that one time, never again, and of course shortly after it was gone. but i so miss The People Mover and also really miss Adventures Thru Innerspace.
    "Yep, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Life moves pretty fast and if you don't stop to take a look around once in a while you could miss it."

Lucas

i absolutely remember Mission to Mars, i went on that maybe a couple times at the most. i remember going to DL during Mickey's 60th bday bash, and getting on that ride for the first time, i was probably around 8 i think.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMusicMan View Post
    Reading this thread, I'm reminded of how much I liked the old Tomorrowland. I really do miss the Peoplemover and the Submarine voyage, but someone above mentioned Circlevision and it got me thinking. You know, one of the most exciting things about my trip to EPCOT last year was going to a circle-vision theater? I really miss ours. Also, Skyway (mentioned above), America Sings (loved the music and the patter), and my favorite, Adventure Through Inner Space. Oh, oh, and the Rockets where you had to take an elevator to the ride...made me feel like I was going up the elevator to the Space Shuttle. And does anyone remember Mission to Mars (I'm not old enough to remember Rocket to the Moon in person, but I listen to the audio frequently).

I don't know, maybe I wouldn't enjoy all of those rides today, and I'm probably remembering them in a mind that was 10-15 years younger. But, I still miss them. Those rides made TL feel more "futuristic" as opposed to "cartoony." I mean, the Subs, Star Tours, BLAB are all based on movies, and the Autopia is really like a big cartoon (think of the show you see in the line).

TL used to be the high point of my trip to DL as a child, and now, I try to avoid it whenever I go. Anyone else feel that way?

DMM

Lucas

Skyway i don't really miss all that much though, mostly for my fear of heights lol, and i would go on it only cuz mom made me but i was always scared that it was gonna fall or something, something tells me even now at the ripe old age of 28 i would still feell that way lol.

Lucas

Bring back the People Mover! Tomorrowland without the People Mover has become a slow motion land. With the People Mover Tomorrowland has the feeling of the movement and the future.

yeah i totally would love for them to bring back The Peoplemover.

Lucas

I like both of those old attractions. The peoplemover sure had its charms...it's true, it lent a futuristic feel to the whole land, circling around like that on the elevated track. It was like a smaller monorail, with a nice leisurely pace that suggested the "leisurely" future.

And the submarine voyage? Also very good, I liked it much better as it was (not associated with any characters or films)...felt very scientific and realistic. Now it's a ride to see characters, and that's not the same thing, it seems much less "real" as the Nemo-themed ride.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12