Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Submarine Voyage vs. People Mover

I never rode on them but i heard they were fun. Pick a side:
    Submarine Voyage - A look under the water.
    People Mover - A ride all around tommorowland

If any could come back (submarine voyage came back as Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage) What one?

Go to www.peopleforthepeoplemover.com to sign the potition for Disneyland to bring it back

• Witch Doctor

Re: Submarine Voyage vs. People Mover

I would love to see the People mover come back. There was just something about making a lazy trip around Tomorrowland that I enjoyed growing up.

• skyway fan!

Skyway.....
    long live the 1st vonroll type 101.the disneyland skyway.rest in peace old friend.love ya skyway! bring back the skyway!http://groups.yahoo.com/group/disneylandskyway/ My Facebook Skyway group http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...d=115004863923

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

This is a tough one... I loved them both dearly. I don't consider the subs as being completely back (get out, Nemo!), but I'd have to say the Peoplemover. It was relaxing, and the line moved very quickly. We need more resting attractions, to relieve our sore bodies for a few minutes (or many... just get back on right after).

• BATTLE COMBINER!

Hmm, tough choice.

The problem with my opinion, is the fact that I have never been on the People Mover. Now, I will take this into consideration, and also, I have been on the submarines, but it was a childhood memory, and a small one at that.

So, really, I have been on neither. So, this is based purely on what I know of them. Now, the People Mover, as noted, was a relaxing ride around Tommorowland, and the Subs provided an entertaining view of the underwater world.

Personally, I vote for People Mover. Seeing the insides of rides in Tommorowland, one of my favorite sections that i feel really need a new idea to it, would be amazing...

Both!

It's gotta be Peoplemover. I loved that ride as a child. I just thought it was the coolest thing to be able to ride around Tomorrowland. Riding by Tron, Circlevision(?) theater, ahh the good ole days.

• Functional & Decorative

Peoplemover.

As for the Skyway, yes, that is missed too... but there are still many places where it can still be ridden (even in SoCal, at Sea World and the SD Zoo). But there is only one other peoplemover... it's pale imitation TTA at WDW.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

As a cast member working at the Magic Kingdom I remember the WED WAY People mover it was a very fun ride to work on. As for Circle Vision I remember the spiel I had to give and that film was always a very popular one.

I'm a fan of the rocket rods. Would anyone be in favor of those coming back?

Reading this thread, I'm reminded of how much I liked the old Tomorrowland. I really do miss the Peoplemover and the Submarine voyage, but someone above mentioned Circlevision and it got me thinking. You know, one of the most exciting things about my trip to EPCOT last year was going to a circle-vision theater? I really miss ours. Also, Skyway (mentioned above), America Sings (loved the music and the patter), and my favorite, Adventure Through Inner Space. Oh, oh, and the Rockets where you had to take an elevator to the ride...made me feel like I was going up the elevator to the Space Shuttle. And does anyone remember Mission to Mars (I'm not old enough to remember Rocket to the Moon in person, but I listen to the audio frequently).

I don't know, maybe I wouldn't enjoy all of those rides today, and I'm probably remembering them in a mind that was 10-15 years younger. But, I still miss them. Those rides made TL feel more "futuristic" as opposed to "cartoony." I mean, the Subs, Star Tours, BLAB are all based on movies, and the Autopia is really like a big cartoon (think of the show you see in the line).

TL used to be the high point of my trip to DL as a child, and now, I try to avoid it whenever I go. Anyone else feel that way?

DMM

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I love the old Submarine Voyage more than the PeopleMover, but I want them both back (but improved - I don't consider the current subs an improvement).

• secure all cargo

Of the two, I miss the Peoplemover the most. I love the music, the tour-guide narration, the old Super Speed Tunnel and World of Tron, and the overhead look at all the attractions like Inner Space, Star Tours, Starcade, Circlevision, etc.

• Showus your Larboard side

My wife and I loved the People Mover and would take a lazy trip around tomorrowland every time we went to Disneyland. But, and it's a big but, the last few years before they closed it down ridership was way off. There were always empty cars and people seemed to be wanting to ride something else. I'm sure that's why they shut that ride down. I would like to know if that is the case about ridership causing the closing of the People Mover or not.

Mike
    Not moving in Lakeside

• The Steampunk Dread Baron

Peoplemover, since it was a great people eater and none of the new rides seem to be.
    The fountain of youth really is in Florida... thats why they built Walt Disney World where they did.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast