Disneyland, Tom Sawyer's Island: Cow in a Cave?

Hey everyone, I'm new here. I'm a long time Disney fan.

I have a bizarre memory of Tom Sawyer's Island in Disneyland, or I guess it could be a dream.

I remember a cave with a slanted floor, some sort of pile of gems/glowing slude in one corner, with a stream. Later, there are A-Frames in the cave. Now, the part that doesn't fit with TSI is that I remember there being a cow (not a live one) in the area with the stream and the pile of gems/glowing sludge/whatnot.

This would have been in the '90s circa 1995.

My family makes a fun of me all the time about this. The "memory," as far as I could figure out on more recent trips, is pretty much correct, aside from the cow.

Does anyone remember there being a cow on TSI?

Thank you!

Re: Disneyland, Tom Sawyer's Island: Cow in a Cave?

Have any cast members been known to play pranks?

• Banned User

I think you are thinking of Walt Disney World's caves. Theirs has slanted floors, jewels, and streams running through it. Not sure if the cow existed though.

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Quote Originally Posted by haleys View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm new here. I'm a long time Disney fan.

I have a bizarre memory of Tom Sawyer's Island in Disneyland, or I guess it could be a dream.

I remember a cave with a slanted floor, some sort of pile of gems/glowing slude in one corner, with a stream. Later, there are A-Frames in the cave. Now, the part that doesn't fit with TSI is that I remember there being a cow (not a live one) in the area with the stream and the pile of gems/glowing sludge/whatnot.

This would have been in the '90s circa 1995.

My family makes a fun of me all the time about this. The "memory," as far as I could figure out on more recent trips, is pretty much correct, aside from the cow.

Does anyone remember there being a cow on TSI?

Thank you!
    You'd be surprised at what strange things your mind can "remember" (especially at a young age)

When I went to the park for one of my first times when I was 6 and didn't return for at least three years, my memory suggested that the Matterhorn was an all-uphill ride, space mountain had flips, and the Haunted Mansion had a flight of stairs leading to the building (a large one)

O_o...don't know what happened there but this could explain the cow....

I remember Injun Joe's cave, but it doesn't include cows. I never liked the island much, especially in summer. It got hot, and dusty, and it made me thirsty. I do remember road apples from the stagecoach ride.

• Who are you again?

i once had a dream like this cept' it was huge caverns, emeralds,saphires,rubies,the mine train (not big thunder, natures wonderland), butieful waterfalls with rivers, and praticaly every single yesterland attration (basicaly all the past DL rides and stuff) there is was in there!
    the wierd part was at the end i went up some stair and found myself on tom sayers island at what seemed like 2 AM. all iremember from that was that it was kinda dark and cold very cold. after that i woke up...>_>
    does this mean any thing? cuz' all i can think off is disneyland has there old attrations under the parks there from, and walts ghost....hence the coldness and TSI (walt actualy disined the shoreline of TSI from a sand spit from his childhood)
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably