It's a Small World - I need an Expert on the "old" version!

I am new to this forum but I can see this is the right place to post this query. I am a native California girl and have very fond memories of all the original Disneyland rides, including "It's a Small World". I have been fortunate enough to come across 2 Small World figures which were discarded during the renovation of the ride. I would love to know more about them. I am no expert in this field. One has the wrong arms, both are missing their clothes and there is only one wig between them. the buttocks of each leads to the inners where the wiring was. they both seem to have had working arms both nothing else moves. Any ideas where they may have come from? inside the ride? outside the ride? any help is very appreciated. i do not know how to display photos here but have some if someone can help me upload them. thank you!

Re: It's a Small World - I need an Expert on the "old" version!

Welcome to MiceChat!!

Before anyone can really help you first we'd need to see what you have. Though off hand I am pretty confident saying they came from inside the ride. Photos can be posted here but have to be hosted on a photo sharing site first like photobucket.com. It is very easy to upload you photos there then you will need to copy and paste the IMG Code into a reply box and your photos will be in your post.

Thank you so much for the help. I will try to post the photos here now.

Oh...I did it! OK, as you can see...one figure has mismatched arms. They both include access through the back for wires...one is open and the othe ris sealed. I think the wig belonged to the lighter of the two. The lighter one also has more glue on the face on brow and at the lips. they don't blink or sing. mostly just their arms move. thank you so much for any help!

• Embrace the kitsch!

The white kid looks like one of the kids that sat on the moon in England just after you pass under Tower Bridge.
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Naked dolls! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

*runs for cover*

• Mousketeer

Wow great find, can't help you with where they came from, may also have just been spares or dress dummies for costumers to use. I say that because the ride one I saw was attached to a large square metal frame that held the motor for the figure.

Can there legs move?Also i think the black one is one of the spinning dolls in rain forest or Asia and the white maybe England or Scotland/Ireland i cant remember the name.

• Banned User

Are there any websites that have lots of photos of IASW inside? Maybe try Webshots or Photobucket. Maybe people have uploaded their old IASW photos.
    I hope you find the answers. These are really interesting.