• MiceAge Columnist
    • Curator of Yesterland

May 8, 2009: Malibu-Ritos

Want a burrito? Then walk over to Malibu-Ritos at Paradise Pier. But donít get your hopes up.

Link to Malibu-Ritos at Yester California Adventure.

Please discuss it here.
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

• Californian Fox-Wolf

Re: May 8, 2009: Malibu-Ritos

Maliburitos has to be the worst pun in the entire DCA park. But wow, I never knew that it closed shortly after opening. Then again, I never knew of it's existence until last year when I saw a pic of it. I probably overlooked it in my first two visits to DCA (2003 and 2004).

• All-American

YesterDCA, unlike Yesterland, is special in that you can learn about past attractions without feeling sad about their passing...

• -DL's VIP Entrance

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    YesterDCA, unlike Yesterland, is special in that you can learn about past attractions without feeling sad about their passing...
    Funniest thing I read all week MT! Thanks!

I guess it never occurred to check the meaning of the punny name in Spanish? Chevy regretted calling their car "Nova" in Latin markets because "No Va" means "It doesn't run" in Spanish. Likewise "Maliburitos" looks way too much like "Burritos that make you sick."

• Circle of Ancients

I love this article Werner. Malibu-ritos actually did have good food, well, from what I remember the one time I saw it open and actually ate there.

More than that though, the changes that have happened to Paradise Pier since then, at least in that area. WOW!!! You can really see the difference now.

• Disneyland History Lover

Oh those sound kinda yummy.

The name DOES sound pretty corny, yet there's something kinda cool about it at the same time. The building looks kinda nice. I never knew this place existed. 'Course first time I visited the park was in May of '07.

I went to DCA the first year it was open. I was looking forward to eating 3 things. A burrito at Maliburittos, some Chinese food at Lucky Fortune, and the Carmel Corn. Both Maliburritos and Lucky Fortune were closed, and I had to really search for the CArmel Corn. Worth the search by the way. This was when Disney had opened up all those high end restaurants at DCA. They kept the cheap spots (except for McBurger Invasion) closed to force us to spend money at the other spots. I rebelled. I ate a corn dog. Then I went over to Disneyland to eat dinner and came back later. Oh...and the DATE SHAKE place was closed as well.

SIGH

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

I for one never seen this place open...I do not miss it enther...
    other good reason I glad Toy story came to town!

Question Re: May 8, 2009: Malibu-Ritos

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I love this article Werner. Malibu-ritos actually did have good food, well, from what I remember the one time I saw it open and actually ate there.

More than that though, the changes that have happened to Paradise Pier since then, at least in that area. WOW!!! You can really see the difference now.
    Anyone else ever have the opportunity to eat there? Having not gotten to DCA until a few years after opening, I was always curious about the place. It was there, but closed, for so long.

• Figment Fan Extradonaire

Me and my mother ate there on a quick trip just to check out DCA after it first opened and this is were we had decided to stop and have lunch. The burritos were HUGE! We just ended up sharing one and still had some leftover. It was mighty tasty and a disappointment that it was closed the next couple of trips we went. We just figured it was only open during peak season (we never go doing peak season) or it was a money loser for all of the other restaurants. Why spend $20-40 to feed two people when you could spend $10 on a burrito for two with a soda! I honestly will say I'll miss this place just for those quick budget conscious trips. Definately worth every penny as opposed to Dips and Strips next door.

Kongalush! To all you fellow adventurers out there!

• Future Imagineer

Wow, I never even knew anything existed in the place of Toy Story Mania before reading that article! I never went until years after it opened, even though i've had an annual pass for a while, and even if i had gone, i wouldnt have remembered. When i got higher passes, like deluxe or premium, i started going to california adventure, but only once in a blue moon. I think Toy story mania really made the park worth visiting just to go on that ride. And I agree with MarkTwain, things in Yesterland can really make you miss old attractions, or feel sad that you never experienced them, while YesterDCA makes you feel happy that the changes are definitely for the better.