Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Re: June 11, 2009: Corn Dog Castle

I just like to add that the name Corn Dog Castle came from White Castle Burgers
    which they big in the midwest !
    I know for all you corn dog people a new corn dog place be back around just hopefully
    with a better themeing and a new name!

I am so sad to hear Corn Dog Castle is closed. Their corn dogs were awesome, but nothing beat their cheese sticks! I had to get one on every visit to Disneyland. Wow, a legend is now gone...

• FastPass n00b

Poor Werner is trying to convince people that it's a good thing that this dump is being retired, but it sounds like everyone is sad that it's going. I think once people see what becomes of that area and starts to develop new memories of the place, all the old memories of Corn Dog Castle will fade into oblivion. It's still fresh in people's minds right now, but wait a couple more years and then we'll see who's nostalgic over its loss.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Curator of Yesterland

Quote Originally Posted by Athlonacon View Post
    Poor Werner is trying to convince people that it's a good thing that this dump is being retired, but it sounds like everyone is sad that it's going.
    I think that there's disappointment in this thread that some of Corn Dog Castle's menu items are no longer available.

According to Andy Castro's Dateline Disneyland on June 8, 2009, the Original Corn Dog is now sold at the Bountiful Valley Farmers Market, but the menu doesn't include the Hot-Link Dog or the Cheddar Cheese Stick.

I'm sure there are some people who liked the billboard with the creepy hot dog king above the "trailer"óbut probably not many.
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

• Nela25

I loved the corn dogs!! I am so sad the cheese sticks and the hot links have not returned to the new location...hopefully they will add them soon!

• Californian Fox-Wolf

I should have gone there when I had the chance. Wow. Just reading this, I am immediately craving a corn dog.
    Please...don't call me simmer, call me Mike Folf.
    I am a Canis Lupus Vulpes Americanis Califius, otherwise known as a Californian Folf.

"Cool shades, Mike!"

Art Tweet Comic Tube

DH and I also made sure to go to Corn Dog Castle one last time before it closed to get our favorite treats from DCA - the hot link corn dogs. I really couldn't care less about the Corn Dog Castle name or the tacky facade. But please please bring back the menu items somewhere (ideally same location)!

Most places are reporting that the location will be back in 2011. I hope it's true!!

• Future Imagineer

I really didnt like the way it looked, and i never ate there. I got corn dogs from Main Street's corn dog cart. I think Disney's corn dogs are delicious, and the only thing i think is sad about Corn Dog Castle's closing is that they don't sell cheese dogs at other corn dog locations. I didnt even know they existed in Disney parks before reading that article, but I've had Hot Dog on the Stick ones, and a Disney-sized one sounds good! =D

• Future Imagineer

I really didnt like the way it looked, and i never ate there. I got corn dogs from Main Street's corn dog cart. I think Disney's corn dogs are delicious, and the only thing i think is sad about Corn Dog Castle's closing is that they don't sell cheese dogs at other corn dog locations. I didnt even know they existed in Disney parks before reading that article, but I've had Hot Dog on the Stick ones, and a Disney-sized one sounds good! =D

Our DVC guide at Disneyland told me that the Main Street cart dogs are pre-cooked and just kept warm, but the Corn Dog Castle ones are freshly dipped and fried when you order. So we've always gotten ours from Corn Dog Castle. Plus they have the hot link corn dogs which were awesome!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12