Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Covina, California!!!
    Posts
    111

    Question Vault disney show???

    i remeber watching VAULT disney was little late at night on the disney channel...what ever happened to it?? does it still air?? is there anyway i could get it on DVD or anything?
    thank you so much

    if your not sure what im talking about...heres an episode of what they used to show

    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pT36SYP5T4]YouTube - Pirates of the Caribbean Construction - Part 1[/ame]


    THANK YOU...

  2. #2

    • I eat TR's for breakfast!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Aliso Viejo, CA
    Posts
    1,767

    Re: Vault disney show???

    I can assure you the closest thing you'll find on Disney Channel is Disney 365.

  3. #3

    • Angel Fan MC Man
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beautiful Oxnard, CA
    Posts
    24,289
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Vault disney show???

    This has been the subject of many threads in the past here on MiceChat, though none recently.

    Many of us were fans of the old Vault Disney shows, which showed such things as the original Mickey Mouse club, and the old NBC Wonderful World of Color shows.

    Unfortunately, those running the Disney Channel some years ago made a decision that reruns of Hannah Montana or That's So Raven were more important, even at 12 midnight or 1AM when the Vault shows used to air.

    We tried e-mail petitions, phone calls, nothing has had any effect. Very sad. But let's face it, for many of us the Disney Channel is hardly anything like it was when it first started.

    As far as DVD's go, you'll find some of this kind of thing in the "Disney Treasures" series that's been out for some time.

    The video highlighted here is contained in the first POTC movie DVD in the special features.

    Hope this helps.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

  4. #4

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Covina, California!!!
    Posts
    111

    Re: Vault disney show???

    Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    This has been the subject of many threads in the past here on MiceChat, though none recently.

    Many of us were fans of the old Vault Disney shows, which showed such things as the original Mickey Mouse club, and the old NBC Wonderful World of Color shows.

    Unfortunately, those running the Disney Channel some years ago made a decision that reruns of Hannah Montana or That's So Raven were more important, even at 12 midnight or 1AM when the Vault shows used to air.

    We tried e-mail petitions, phone calls, nothing has had any effect. Very sad. But let's face it, for many of us the Disney Channel is hardly anything like it was when it first started.

    As far as DVD's go, you'll find some of this kind of thing in the "Disney Treasures" series that's been out for some time.

    The video highlighted here is contained in the first POTC movie DVD in the special features.

    Hope this helps.


    What is "Disney Treasures" ?
    is it like cartoon-like stuff or like documentary type stuff?
    how much is it??
    haha

    thank you so much Barry

  5. #5

    • Angel Fan MC Man
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beautiful Oxnard, CA
    Posts
    24,289
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Vault disney show???

    Quote Originally Posted by micha_13 View Post
    What is "Disney Treasures" ?
    It's a series of DVD's usually in silver-type "collector's" tins, with several about different Disney characters and types of things like we've been talking about.

    I've seen some of them at Target and other stores like that..they're usually in the $20-$30 buck range...and of course they're sold at the parks.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

  6. #6

    • Greetings, Program!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,129

    Re: Vault disney show???

    Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    This has been the subject of many threads in the past here on MiceChat, though none recently.

    Many of us were fans of the old Vault Disney shows, which showed such things as the original Mickey Mouse club, and the old NBC Wonderful World of Color shows.

    Unfortunately, those running the Disney Channel some years ago made a decision that reruns of Hannah Montana or That's So Raven were more important, even at 12 midnight or 1AM when the Vault shows used to air.

    We tried e-mail petitions, phone calls, nothing has had any effect. Very sad. But let's face it, for many of us the Disney Channel is hardly anything like it was when it first started.

    As far as DVD's go, you'll find some of this kind of thing in the "Disney Treasures" series that's been out for some time.

    The video highlighted here is contained in the first POTC movie DVD in the special features.

    Hope this helps.
    Fortunately I had the smarts to tape as much of these shows I could remember sometime in the mid-90's. Must've filled 6-7 tapes. Everything they aired after 11pm or so, I got. Crummy quality recordings to be sure, but all the True Life Adventures, WWoD, even a Peter Gabriel concert somehow made it in there.

    Glad I did now. Although I gotta wonder who in the hayl is watching Hannah Montana at 1am.....or perhaps I don't wanna know.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

    AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

  7. #7

    • Greetings, Program!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,129

    Re: Vault disney show???

    Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    It's a series of DVD's usually in silver-type "collector's" tins, with several about different Disney characters and types of things like we've been talking about.

    I've seen some of them at Target and other stores like that..they're usually in the $20-$30 buck range...and of course they're sold at the parks.
    I haven't seen any of those at the parks lately, or maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

    AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

  8. #8

    • Angel Fan MC Man
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beautiful Oxnard, CA
    Posts
    24,289
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Vault disney show???

    Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000 View Post
    I haven't seen any of those at the parks lately, or maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place.
    I think I saw some in the Disneyana shop when I was there last month. Can't say for sure. Of course, you're probably going to get a better price if you buy them offsite, or maybe even online.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Disney Vault 28
    By tayakaleb in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-21-2008, 02:01 PM
  2. [News] disney vault
    By forever_young in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-14-2008, 08:35 PM
  3. Tarina Tarantino trunk show at Disney Vault 28 12/8/07
    By ALIASd in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-29-2007, 10:15 PM
  4. Disney Vault 28: A questionable new direction for the Disney brand.
    By MasterGracey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 129
    Last Post: 08-30-2007, 04:56 AM
  5. Disney Vault
    By KamikazeSquirrel in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-09-2007, 11:27 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •