Permission Needed

Hello. I'm new to this forum, and I joined because I have a question to ask.

I'm working on a series of articles on a site called Retrojunk where I'm going to talk about past attractions at Disneyland. There are some images on this site that I'm planning on using. However, I read the copywright statement, which stated that images may not be copied unless I have permission from Werner Weiss. He seems to update this site very often, so I'm sure he's active, but if somebody could please tell me how to contact Werner, I'd really like it if he gave me permission to use any images for my articles that I may write.

Just so you know, I am not trying to make money off of these articles. I am writing them for fun and for nostalgic purposes only. I can also credit Werner for the images, if he would like.

So, if anyone can give me any responses, please contact me, because I really want to share my nostalgic Disneyland memories with other people.

Re: Permission Needed

Umm...hello? I really need to hear from somebody, please?

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Curator of Yesterland

Re: Permission Needed

Thank you for asking. (Most people don't ask.)

For a long time, I always answered no to such requests. My thought was that the historic pictures are the "crown jewels" of the Yesterland website, and Yesterland's readers would enjoy the site more if they had not already seen the pictures elsewhere.

However, I now realize that if Yesterland's images appear sparingly on other sites and blogs along with links back to Yesterland, new readers will find Yesterland and previous Yesterland readers will be reminded of the site.

So now I don't mind when a blogger, website, or discussion forum participant uses an image or two to illustrate a point (and then provides a link so that readers who want more can easily get to Yesterland).

I get upset when people simply plagiarize Yesterland's content or use many images from the same Yesterland article, which unfortunately happens.

You are welcome to use some photos, but please use them sparingly. Please leave the Yesterland.com logo on the image. Please link to Yesterland or to the Yesterland page where you found the photo(s), as you think appropriate.

Please let me know your URL when you publish your content.

Good luck!
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions