• Delawarean Girl

The Tiki Host Birds

I just wanted to ask. Didn't the Tiki Host Birds change color throughout the years or have they been the same?

I saw a Disneyland special from one of my Disney Treasures DVD's and I thought Jose looked alot different from today.

I forget what Disney Treasure it was. I think it might have been the "Your Host Walt Disney" one. It was one of the Disneyland specials that Walt Disney himself showed us around.
    Last edited by Hayley B; 06-17-2010 at 01:38 PM.

• Minion

Re: The Tiki Host Birds

Quote Originally Posted by Hayley B View Post
    I just wanted to ask. Didn't the Tiki Host Birds change color throughout the years or have they been the same?

I saw a Disneyland special from one of my Disney Treasures DVD's and I thought Jose looked alot different from today.

I forget what Disney Treasure it was. I think it might have been the "Your Host Walt Disney" one. It was one of the Disneyland special what Walt Disney himself showed us around.
    The main birds' coloring represents the countries they're from, and have not changed drastically over the years. What you are probably seeing is that promotional film with Walt talking to "Jose". That is not really the same "Jose" from inside the show, but rather Jose's cousin, the Barker Bird that used to be outside, trying to get people walking by to come see the show, and his coloring was brighter with a good amount of white (and a collar, bow tie, and even a straw hat, I believe).

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

We have recent topic about this here:

Tiki Room - It only took me 27 years

• Delawarean Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    The main birds' coloring represents the countries they're from, and have not changed drastically over the years. What you are probably seeing is that promotional film with Walt talking to "Jose". That is not really the same "Jose" from inside the show, but rather Jose's cousin, the Barker Bird that used to be outside, trying to get people walking by to come see the show, and his coloring was brighter with a good amount of white (and a collar, bow tie, and even a straw hat, I believe).
    This is what I was watching. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE-RFILrDzA&feature=related]YouTube - Behind the Scenes of the Enchanted Tiki Room[/ame]

Though, the Jose inside still looks different from today. I think.

• Mousketeer

Haleyb, check out the pic I posted in Aladdin's thread linked above, you'll see a pic of Walt with Jose. The birds have changed over the years.