The Insides Of The Plantation House

During my first and only trip to Disneyland in 2003 I went on the Haunted Mansion. While waiting in line, I decided to take a peak through the windows of the Plantation House door. And what did I see? Carpeting, candles, furniture, wallpaper, Etc.. From that day on I've always had a lingering question in my mind. Is the interior of the facade of the Haunted Mansion a real recreation of a Southern Plantation?

I know full well that the Plantation was built way before The Haunted Mansion attraction was installed. I too also know that the Houses in other parks are empty shells just for the Elevator. I also know that the Haunted Mansion takes place in a show building out side the berm, and that the Stretching Rooms are located in a separate wing of the Mansion.

So, what gives?

What is in this building?:

• The Study of Wumbo

Re: The Insides Of The Plantation House

There was a recent thread about the same topic. (The search feature is your friend!)

Unfortunately, you must be mistaken. The consensus is generally that it is just a basic structure.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])