Unrealized Expectations Land

Having BEEN a long time fan of Disneyland, I have to wonder if the original park’s best days are behind her. It seems to me that every time I visit the park and compare it to my memories the DEPTH of the experience is greatly diminish. For the price Disney charges for admission I expect a lot, are the decision makers pulling too much money out of the park? Tomorrowland is such a disaster that is should be renamed Unrealized Expectations Land.
    Cheers,

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Unrealized Expectations Land

Quote Originally Posted by wild weasel View Post
    Having BEEN a long time fan of Disneyland, I have to wonder if the original park’s best days are behind her. It seems to me that every time I visit the park and compare it to my memories the DEPTH of the experience is greatly diminish. For the price Disney charges for admission I expect a lot, are the decision makers pulling too much money out of the park? Tomorrowland is such a disaster that is should be renamed Unrealized Expectations Land.
    Cheers,
    Not everyone pays those listed prices. Less than half do, by my poor estimation.
    So "too much money being pulled out of DL" is likely false.
    Only one solution to these problems you describe.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• formerly very helpful

Re: Unrealized Expectations Land

I wonder how accurate comparisons are with our old experiences. I know I tend to glorify many of my memories a lot more than I felt at the time. (Does that make sense?) That said, I personally feel that there are fewer totally immersive experiences than there used to be. I am not a fan of thrill rides. Even the ones I do like are over in a matter of just a couple of minutes. Compare this to the 15 minute experiences of some of the older attractions, and I feel I get a lessened experience.
    I feel that TPTB are still too much into cutting corners and saving a few bucks than splurging for a full experience.
    Just my opinion.