Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: September 10, 2010: PeopleMover

The perfect place to rest and see the park from above! Wish they would bring it back.

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Quote Originally Posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
    I loved the People Mover more than any other attraction ever. Every single time I speak with Tony Baxter or any other senior Imagineer, I plead for its return. I have been assured several times by Baxter himself that he feels the same way, and that a PeopleMover is in the works as part of a complete Tommorowland redo. I can only hope I live long enough...
    Ooh! Tony Baxter almost always gets his stuff built (ignore Discovery Bay and Tomorrowland 2055 please). I like how WDW still has their's. I love how the vehicles don't have the cover and the track does. If they ever do bring back the People Mover, I would want it to be like WDW's.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Also when you look at the People Mover track in BLAB you will see the old sun and moon from Circle Vision. 2 secrets in 1!

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

I've read Yesterland's page about the Peoplemover several times now over the years. It's always such a delight to hear that so many people, like myself, wish the Peoplemover was back. Putting in Rocket Rods was a bad move. That was the era where Disney felt everything needed to be a "thrill", like Mission:SPACE and Test Track. The whole 1998 Redesign of Tomorrowland was horrible. Disney thought they could use paint to replicate EuroDisney's Discoveryland. So pathetic. I could go on and on about complaints but I shouldn't as I want to stay on topic.

I think they should be Peoplemover back but instead of a single spiel, there could be an interactive display where users can chose a "fact" from a list of multiple choices about each attraction it's passing through. This would create re-rideability.

There is so much new technology out there and I don't think it would take much to make, my once most beloved land, Tomorrowland look futuristic again.

That said, I'm glad there are memory sites like Yesterland. Thank you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123