• MiceAge Columnist
    • Curator of Yesterland

November 5, 2010: Ronald's Fun House

This is no ordinary McDonald’s Restaurant. This is “Ronald’s Fun House.” Take a look!

Link to Ronald's Fun House at Yesterland.

Please discuss McDonald's at Downtown Disney at Walt Disney World here.
    Last edited by Werner Weiss; 11-11-2010 at 07:55 PM.
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

• 1st visit 1975

Re: October 5, 2010: Ronald's Fun House

FYI: Before McDonald's the building was a Cast Cafeteria. The room furthest from the Counter Service used to be a screened in outdoor porch for the cast. I ate there occasionally and the food was cheap and pretty good before it was outsourced to Aramark. All hidden behind landscaping before McDonald's gutted the inside and made huge changes. I'm hoping for something really good with Campero!

• Nutty about Disney parks

You know I never really minded having McDonald's in the parks. The only place where I thought McDonald's felt REALLY out of place was in Animal Kingdom. I was annoyed that it was EVERYWHERE in Dinoland USA just because they were a sponsor of that particular area of the park. My favorite McDonald's were in the refresher port in Epcot and in Downtown Disney.

I dunno how I feel about the new restaraunts moving in. Yeah I know they're going for more healthy, but I'm going to miss having a quick cheap place to get a burger in Downtown Disney, even if it is McDonald's.

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Timon View Post
    FYI: Before McDonald's the building was a Cast Cafeteria. The room furthest from the Counter Service used to be a screened in outdoor porch for the cast. I ate there occasionally and the food was cheap and pretty good before it was outsourced to Aramark. All hidden behind landscaping before McDonald's gutted the inside and made huge changes. I'm hoping for something really good with Campero!
    What was the cast cafeteria for? DtD CMs?
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• All-American

It's funny, but I've found that the newest Yesterland entries are all things I don't mind going to Yesterland. I guess that means the parks are getting better.

Sad Re: October 5, 2010: Ronald's Fun House

The way the Hamburgler statue is lit makes it look like he has ... well, you just have to look at the picture.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Quote Originally Posted by mhinrichs View Post
    The way the Hamburgler statue is lit makes it look like he has ... well, you just have to look at the picture.
    Heh, heh,

McD's in DTD, I remember seeing it there, I wish I got a chance to eat there at least once.

Also, is it ironic that, Fresh-A-Peel, is serving fresh food down the street from Epcot? I remember reading an article that the restraunt in the Wonders Of life served fresh food?

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.