• MiceAge Columnist
    • Curator of Yesterland

December 7, 2010: The Secret Tour of Disneyland, 2nd Edition

Last year, I recommended The Secret Tour of Disneyland for anyone who likes Disneyland enough to read Yesterland, MiceAge, and MiceChat. The same advice applies to the 2nd Edition.

Please discuss it here.
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Re: December 7, 2010: The Secret Tour of Disneyland, 2nd Edition

I haven't bought the first Edition, yet the second edition looks cool. I might consider getting it.

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

• DLR Cast Member

I bought the first Secret Tour edition last year. I was so impressed with it, I loaned it to one of my cast member friends, who still has it, because the can't stop watching it!

Since I've got a 42" widescreen LCD TV, I'm definitely going to buy the 2nd edition for the widescreen format. Honestly, that's just an excuse for me to support the Delmonts' efforts. They did a fantastic job, and am more than happy to support their efforts by buying the second edition. I hope they decide to do a DCA companion DVD someday.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

I just got a big beautiful 50" plasma, so this new version looks pretty interesting to me. Great review, but of course leave it to me to find a typo -

“For example, I had the names of the signing busts in the Haunted Mansion mixed up,” mentioned John.
    I'm pretty sure the busts aren't signing anything while they're singing. . . . .

As always, just tryin' to help!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Curator of Yesterland

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    I'm pretty sure the busts aren't signing anything while they're singing. . . . .

As always, just tryin' to help!
    Are the "signing busts" signing autograph books, or are they signing "Grim, Grinning Ghosts" for the hearing impaired? I didn't think they had hands.

(Thank you! I fixed it.)
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

Wow that looks great. I might have to buy that. By the way, do you know anyone who owns the longer version of the opening day at Disneyland. Also I was wondering if you have a transcript to the opening day broadcast. Thanks for your time and understanding!!