• MiceAge Columnist
    • Curator of Yesterland

January 28, 2011: Mulholland Madness

It's a classic Wild Mouse ride decorated with a cartoony mural that folds in and out like a roadmap, highway caution signs, and two billboards.

Please discuss it here.
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

Re: January 28, 2011: Mulholland Madness

Here's a shot from the lift hill prior to those outer walls being added. You can see straight through to the Paradise Pier Hotel.

Mullholland Maddness - shot from lift hill - November 2001

• Disneyland History Lover

I thought this ride was/is quite a bit of fun. Sure, it isn't the typical Disney-quality ride, and the theming was questionable, but for what it was I found it to be pretty enjoyable. Here's hoping Goofy's Sky School will find a way to hide the ugly infrastructure a bit better.

• The one, the only...

This was the one ride that turned me against DCA. It was the WORST experience I have ever had on a attraction. I am tall and I found that the vehicles not designed for adults. The slam you around for two minutes one of the stupidest concepts. There was no magic or illusion of anything. I did not feel I was on a freeway despite the road signs. I did not think anything other than was it was, a cheap bucket that threw around guests. After riding it once, after a 40 minute wait, I never rode it again and warned people about the stupidity of the ride. I have read that the Goofy version is no better, but I have a wait and see attitude on that one.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

I did think they should have at least had: 1) enclose the building and 2) theme the left hill to going up a dark road and the rest of the way themed to the hills and cities of Los Angeles County.

But with Goofy's Sky School, they should just add maybe some music (like ether one of WDW's songs, "If You Have Wings" from the TL attraction of the same name or "Solo Pilot Blues" from MK's Goofy's Barnstormer.)

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Truthfully, Goofy's Sky School with it's blue painted track and some cloud decorations doesn't look like much of an improvement. Ditto for the Great Goofini redo of Goofy's Barnstormer in WDW, which looks like a similar airplane treatment. I can see this would be an eyesore for the Grand Californian guests, but I think the greatest idea would be to enclose it and make it a indoor funhouse with funny mirrors, rotating tunnels, etc.
    Last edited by Disneykin Kid; 01-29-2011 at 10:18 PM.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Curator of Yesterland

Quote Originally Posted by Disneykin Kid View Post
    Truthfully, Goofy's Sky School with it's blue painted track and some cloud decorations doesn't look like much of an improvement.
    Although it will ultimately still be a decorated Wild Mouse ride, it should look much better than Mulholland Madness.

The Victorian gingerbread at ground level should blend nicely with the Victorian makeover of Paradise Pier, making a charming walk all around the bay.

I'm not sure how Goofy will convey his Sky School lessons, but I hope there will be many entertaining gags.
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions