Carnation Ice Cream Parlor Question

I am a dinnerware and restaurantware collector. There has been some debate over which dinnerware was used in the Carnation Ice Cream Parlor in the 1950s and early 1960s. Sterling China produced a line of restaurantware with airbrushed carnations. Here's a link if your curious what it looks like.
    http://www.restaurantwarecollectors....ead.php?t=8045

The entry on that site claims this pattern was used in the Disneyland Carnation Ice Cream Parlor. Recently it was discovered that Carnation Milk also had a chain of family restaurants with a few still in operation. So I am hoping someone here will be able to help with clarifying if the dinnerware line was used in Disneyland or at the chain locations or both. Any input would be appreciated...Thanks JIM

Re: Carnation Ice Cream Parlor Question

Hello...I am brand new to Yester Disney , Mice Chat, blogs and chat rooms. I have no idea what I am doing. I stumbled on your question and found it very interesting. I don't have the answer...just a little trivia. I've lived in San Diego my whole life. We used to have a 'Carnations' resturant on El Cajon Blvd. It was there for years. My last recollection was high school 1978. It was a family diner with an emphasize on ice cream. It had the long 'soda-fountain' bar. I've tried to locate pictures on google images, but so far nothing. I vaguely remember the dishes and those look 'right'. I know that I have pictures somewhere of a church-group event or something at Carnations. I'll keep up the search

Thanks for your response. I too am new to this forum. Evidently there were many Carnation Milk Family Restaurants. I think there's a couple still in operation. Would love to see the picture you mentioned. Thanks again....

Quote Originally Posted by casualdish View Post
    I am a dinnerware and restaurantware collector. There has been some debate over which dinnerware was used in the Carnation Ice Cream Parlor in the 1950s and early 1960s. Sterling China produced a line of restaurantware with airbrushed carnations. Here's a link if your curious what it looks like.
    http://www.restaurantwarecollectors....ead.php?t=8045

The entry on that site claims this pattern was used in the Disneyland Carnation Ice Cream Parlor. Recently it was discovered that Carnation Milk also had a chain of family restaurants with a few still in operation. So I am hoping someone here will be able to help with clarifying if the dinnerware line was used in Disneyland or at the chain locations or both. Any input would be appreciated...Thanks JIM
    Hello Jim,

---------- Post added 07-06-2011 at 07:10 PM ----------

Jim,
    You hit the jackpot. I worked at a Carnation Ice Cream Parlor in San Bernardino (1951-53), San Diego,(1953-55) Disneyland (1958-60) and Los Angeles (1960-62). Not sure about the new style of cups prior to Disneyland where I was one of the managers. Also managed Plaza Gardens where they had great entertainment and dancing. The cups and saucers were real collector items. So was the silverware which was real silverware. I was saddened to hear about the end of the Old Fashioned Ice Cream Parlor. Walt Disney had an apartment next door to us.