Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: October 28, 2011: Superstar Limo

Regarding the cool characters. I've seen now and then photos. They're still there. They re made them into the monsters.

I thought it was okay while it was there, but I don't mourn its loss. In fact, I thought Monsters Inc. was a bit of an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by brian11811 View Post
    I was reading on another site one of Al Lutz archives from when DCA openend and it was really funny to see the talk about this ride from the actual time period. There is a youtube ride through video somewhere. The thing is the only one of those actors that is even somewhat still "relevant" is Antonio Banderas. How did they think it would have any staying power? Its so bad though that now its kind of like a legend, like the Atari ET game that came out in the 1980s, supposedly the worst video game ever (rushed out for Christmas time because of the movie success).
    what makes me laugh is the stars in this ride at the time weren't even relevant then. I mean none of them had star wattage to be on that ride. Where were the REAL movie stars? (Smart enough not to let their images be used)

This ride was created at a time when Disney started copying Dreamworks which was copying Disney. All those lame Dreamworks movies had some slimy agent or underworld character in it and constantly played off pop culture. Lame. This is exactly why Disney needed a change at the top.

Those puppets in the videos belong in a horror film!
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." --Carl Sagan

My sister and I got off this ride,looked at each other and both yelled "what the he## was that?".We then started laughing so hard tears were rolling down our cheeks. The cast members were staring at us as we left. We later bought Superstar Limo licenses so we could remember the worst Disney ride we had ever been on bar none.

The attraction was easily the worst I have ever experienced, but Monsters, Inc. isn't much better.

If the Muppets were satirizing Hollywood, instead, the attraction could have been great.

• Splash Mountain Lover

Gawd, I miss that ride!!! So much fun! Of course it wouldn't (didn't) last, but it was hilarious! I think I forced my family to ride it 4 or 5 times in one evening. By the 3rd time, I'm sure they were trying to find an escape route. Miss you Superstar Limo RIP

• Sock Puppet

Thanks Werner for updating the article with new information! I love Yesterland because most of these attractions I never got to experience, and thanks to it, I know so much more about Disneyland! And thanks to this article, I now know just how god awful Superstar Limo, and many other DCA 1.0 attractions were.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12