• MiceAge Columnist
    • Curator of Yesterland

Jan. 27, 2012: Bur-r-r Bank Ice Cream

“A chillingly great selection of the finest-quality ice cream, waffle cones, and sundaes”

Please discuss it here.
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

• New Member Goes Forth

Re: Jan. 27, 2012: Bur-r-r Bank Ice Cream

Great article Werner

I love the ice cream at DCA. Also, you could always get a seat!!!

Werner, will you do Yesterland articles on the Baker's Field Bakery in Sunshine Plaza and Burger Invasion in Paradise Pier?

Anyway, Keep up the good work,

Trumpet
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Curator of Yesterland

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    Werner, will you do Yesterland articles on the Baker's Field Bakery in Sunshine Plaza and Burger Invasion in Paradise Pier?
    Yes! Watch for Baker's Field Bakery, Burger Invasion, Engine-Ears Toys, and Greetings from California over the next few months.
    Werner Weiss

• Halloween 2011

But did they pay for the name? Is it registered? Could I open a BrrrBank Ice Cream in my home state?
    Not that I would, just curious.

• Master of Suspense

Toppings only ".89Ę" each? So if I gave them a penny I could say "Keep the change." I'm surprised Disney made this mistake.

"To Serve Man... it's a cookbook!!!"

Ever heard of the dyslexic man who sold his soul to Santa?

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Curator of Yesterland

Quote Originally Posted by dougeebear View Post
    But did they pay for the name? Is it registered? Could I open a BrrrBank Ice Cream in my home state?
    Not that I would, just curious.
    Disney paid an outside company, Karma Creative (now World Creative Supply), for many of the pun-based names at California Adventure. I don't know if Bur-r-r Bank Ice Cream was one of them. (It's not listed as a "work sample" on the World Creative Supply website.)

Considering the incredible amount of creativity in Disney Imagineering, it has always seemed odd to me that Disney hired an outside company to come up with names such as the "Corn Dog Castle" eatery, the "Catch-A-Flave" ice cream stand, the "Ben Hair: An Epic Salon" sign, or the "San Joaquin Volley" game.

The legal issues of using the same name in a different geographic location is a separate issue.

Did you know that the Burger King chain cannot operate a Burger King within a 20-mile radius of Mattoon, Illinois because an older, unrelated restaurant called Burger King has been operating in Mattoon since the 1950s?
    Werner Weiss

• All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Werner Weiss View Post
    Disney paid an outside company, Karma Creative (now World Creative Supply), for many of the pun-based names at California Adventure. I don't know if Bur-r-r Bank Ice Cream was one of them. (It's not listed as a "work sample" on the World Creative Supply website.)

Considering the incredible amount of creativity in Disney Imagineering, it has always seemed odd to me that Disney hired an outside company to come up with names such as the "Corn Dog Castle" eatery, the "Catch-A-Flave" ice cream stand, the "Ben Hair: An Epic Salon" sign, or the "San Joaquin Volley" game.

The legal issues of using the same name in a different geographic location is a separate issue.

Did you know that the Burger King chain cannot operate a Burger King within a 20-mile radius of Mattoon, Illinois because an older, unrelated restaurant called Burger King has been operating in Mattoon since the 1950s?
    Unrelated, but on a trip to Maui a few years back, we looked at eating at a Cheeseburger in Paradise while in the town of Lahaina, but declined to eat there because it didn't look like other Cheeseburgers we'd eaten at. As it turns out, the location was once semi-famous for being at the center of a legal battle between the restaurant's owners and the Jimmy Buffett chain, because it's a separate company.

Cheeseburger in Paradise (restaurant) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia