Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    • MiceAge Columnist
    • Curator of Yesterland
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    971

    Jan. 27, 2012: Bur-r-r Bank Ice Cream

    “A chillingly great selection of the finest-quality ice cream, waffle cones, and sundaes”




    Please discuss it here.
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

  2. #2

    • New Member Goes Forth
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cambridge, UK (So far away from DCA...)
    Posts
    535

    Re: Jan. 27, 2012: Bur-r-r Bank Ice Cream

    Great article Werner

    I love the ice cream at DCA. Also, you could always get a seat!!!

    Werner, will you do Yesterland articles on the Baker's Field Bakery in Sunshine Plaza and Burger Invasion in Paradise Pier?

    Anyway, Keep up the good work,

    Trumpet
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

    Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

    Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

    Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

  3. #3

    • MiceAge Columnist
    • Curator of Yesterland
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    971

    Re: Jan. 27, 2012: Bur-r-r Bank Ice Cream

    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    Werner, will you do Yesterland articles on the Baker's Field Bakery in Sunshine Plaza and Burger Invasion in Paradise Pier?
    Yes! Watch for Baker's Field Bakery, Burger Invasion, Engine-Ears Toys, and Greetings from California over the next few months.
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

  4. #4

    • Halloween 2011
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    548

    Re: Jan. 27, 2012: Bur-r-r Bank Ice Cream

    But did they pay for the name? Is it registered? Could I open a BrrrBank Ice Cream in my home state?
    Not that I would, just curious.

  5. #5

    • Master of Suspense
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    close to disneyland
    Posts
    780

    Re: Jan. 27, 2012: Bur-r-r Bank Ice Cream

    Toppings only ".89Ę" each? So if I gave them a penny I could say "Keep the change." I'm surprised Disney made this mistake.


    "To Serve Man... it's a cookbook!!!"


    Ever heard of the dyslexic man who sold his soul to Santa?


  6. #6

    • MiceAge Columnist
    • Curator of Yesterland
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    971

    Re: Jan. 27, 2012: Bur-r-r Bank Ice Cream

    Quote Originally Posted by dougeebear View Post
    But did they pay for the name? Is it registered? Could I open a BrrrBank Ice Cream in my home state?
    Not that I would, just curious.
    Disney paid an outside company, Karma Creative (now World Creative Supply), for many of the pun-based names at California Adventure. I don't know if Bur-r-r Bank Ice Cream was one of them. (It's not listed as a "work sample" on the World Creative Supply website.)

    Considering the incredible amount of creativity in Disney Imagineering, it has always seemed odd to me that Disney hired an outside company to come up with names such as the "Corn Dog Castle" eatery, the "Catch-A-Flave" ice cream stand, the "Ben Hair: An Epic Salon" sign, or the "San Joaquin Volley" game.

    The legal issues of using the same name in a different geographic location is a separate issue.

    Did you know that the Burger King chain cannot operate a Burger King within a 20-mile radius of Mattoon, Illinois because an older, unrelated restaurant called Burger King has been operating in Mattoon since the 1950s?
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

  7. #7

    • All-American
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Indiana, 1719 miles from DL
    Posts
    1,897

    Re: Jan. 27, 2012: Bur-r-r Bank Ice Cream

    Quote Originally Posted by Werner Weiss View Post
    Disney paid an outside company, Karma Creative (now World Creative Supply), for many of the pun-based names at California Adventure. I don't know if Bur-r-r Bank Ice Cream was one of them. (It's not listed as a "work sample" on the World Creative Supply website.)

    Considering the incredible amount of creativity in Disney Imagineering, it has always seemed odd to me that Disney hired an outside company to come up with names such as the "Corn Dog Castle" eatery, the "Catch-A-Flave" ice cream stand, the "Ben Hair: An Epic Salon" sign, or the "San Joaquin Volley" game.

    The legal issues of using the same name in a different geographic location is a separate issue.

    Did you know that the Burger King chain cannot operate a Burger King within a 20-mile radius of Mattoon, Illinois because an older, unrelated restaurant called Burger King has been operating in Mattoon since the 1950s?
    Unrelated, but on a trip to Maui a few years back, we looked at eating at a Cheeseburger in Paradise while in the town of Lahaina, but declined to eat there because it didn't look like other Cheeseburgers we'd eaten at. As it turns out, the location was once semi-famous for being at the center of a legal battle between the restaurant's owners and the Jimmy Buffett chain, because it's a separate company.

    Cheeseburger in Paradise (restaurant) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


Similar Threads

  1. Jan. 20, 2012: Yesterland Hotel Tram
    By Werner Weiss in forum Yesterland
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-07-2012, 09:13 PM
  2. Jan. 13, 2012: Mission Tortilla Factory
    By Werner Weiss in forum Yesterland
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-20-2012, 03:17 PM
  3. [Trip Report] Capt Hook trip report Jan. 15th, 2012
    By Capt Hook in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-19-2012, 09:50 AM
  4. Jan. 6, 2012: Safari Adventure at the Disneyland Hotel
    By Werner Weiss in forum Yesterland
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-08-2012, 04:34 PM
  5. Don't let the bulldozers destroy Burrrr-bank Ice Cream!
    By Ghostbuster626 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-17-2007, 09:59 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •