• MiceAge Columnist
    • Curator of Yesterland

Feb. 17, 2012: Body Wars

As you enter the portal to Body Wars from the Wonders of Life pavilion, your surroundings change. In place of the colorful and playful world under the dome, you’ve now entered the serious, high-tech laboratory of MET, which is short for Miniaturized Exploration Technologies.

Please discuss it here.
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

• Minion

Re: Feb. 17, 2012: Body Wars

Another classic I never got to experience. It sounds like maybe it suffered from too much story.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I was quite young the first time I rode Body Wars, but do remember it from my very first trip to Disney World with my family. I do remember thinking Cranium Command was a better overall experience, though.

Sad to see the Wonders of Life pavilion has been allowed to slip, without fanfare, into obscurity. It seems to me that the health tenant of EPCOT has been ignored for about a decade now.
    I worked at Walt Disney World as a member of the Disney College Program in Spring 2008 and Summer 2010. Now, I build software, design live events, and frequently make the short trek from Costa Mesa to Disneyland with my Annual Passport in hand.

• All Disney, All the Time

I remember this ride as being much wilder than Star Tours. People used to say that the nausea was caused by the movie not being synched up with the vehicle quite right, but it may have just been a more intense ride. Regardless, I enjoyed it, and I agree that it is a loss....

It's a crying shame it closed.
    Last edited by Twist1234; 02-18-2012 at 11:59 AM.

• Shopping With You

Quote Originally Posted by StevenSokulski View Post
    Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I was quite young the first time I rode Body Wars, but do remember it from my very first trip to Disney World with my family. I do remember thinking Cranium Command was a better overall experience, though.
    That was my take as well. I loved Cranium Command and went in there repeatedly, but Body Wars I was never really a fan of. I don't know if it was actually broken or something when I rode it, but it seemed to just kinda bounce/bump around as opposed to the way Star Tours felt. I loved Star Tours, but never understood the appeal of Body Wars, possibly because of a bad first ride. I've never gotten sick on any of the simulator rides at any park, so that wasn't a factor either.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

I really loved this ride, as well as its sister attraction Cranium Command. There were always 2 very odd things in the Body Wars film for me. First, as you are in your vehicle approaching the miniaturization room, you see a female subject laying down on the bed and placing her hand on a flat surface. But we're told in the pre-show that Dr. Lair is already inside, which means the subject wouldn't just be getting into position. I always thought that the story got adjusted somewhat after this part of the film was shot, and they never fixed it. Also, it always seemed odd that Captain Braddock was going to try to "stun" the white blood cell with the laser. And of course the cell gets obliterated. Silly to think that they had to be so PC that they couldn't outright "kill" the cell, but had to try to stun it.

I also miss the beautiful mural outside of the ride, with one of the best hidden Mickey ever!