Old Ticket Book, circa 70s?

While cleaning out a desk drawer, I found the remnants of a book of Disneyland tickets. All that's left is a page saying "Welcome to Disneyland", a page inviting you to "The Walt Disney Story featuring Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln", one "A" ticket, and the inside back cover listing all the attractions "Adventures in Disneyland".

Can anyone put a more definite year on this ticket remnant? I know it's not worth a darned thing (only the memories). Just something I would like to know.

Page 1: "Welcome to Disneyland" We hope that your visit with us today will be a happy and memorable experience * This ticket book is your passport to many wonderful adventures in the Happiest Place on Earth * May your day at Disneyland be a pleasant one * Return and visit us again soon. WALT DISNEY PRODUCTIONS.

Page 2: "Disneyland invites you to be our guest at The Walt Disney Story featuring Great Moments with Mr Lincoln. Follow Walt Disney's life and work through film, awards and personal memorabilia...see the growth of the Disney Art of Animation from Mickey Mouse through the perfection of Audio-Animatronics...all climaxed by the dramatic theater production, Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. A Free attraction presented by Gulf. Opera House Town Square, Main Street USA."

"A" Ticket: includes Main Street: Fire Engine, Horse drawn street cars, horseless carriage, Main Street Cinema, and Omnibus. Fantasyland: King Arthur Carrousel and Sleeping Beauty's Castle.

Attraction list:

Main Street USA: Disneyland RR Trains through Grand Canyon and Primeval World, Fire Engine, Horse Drawn Street cars, Horseless carriages, Maint Street Cinema, and Omnibus.

Frontierland: Shooting Gallery, Mark Twain Steamboat, Mike Fink Keep Boats, Rafts to Tom Sawyer's Island (Closed at dusk), Sailing Ship Columbus.

New Orleans Square: Disneyland RR through Grand Canyon and Primeval World, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of Caribbean.

Fantasyland: Alice in Wonderland, Autopia, Casey Jr Circus Train, Dumbo's Flying Elephants, It's a Small World, King Arthur Carrousel, Mad Tea Party, Matterhorn Bobsleds, Mr Toad's Wild Ride, Motor Boat Cruise, Peter Pan Flight, Skyway to Tomorrowland (one way), Sleeping Beauty's Castle, Snow White's Adventures (Scary), Storybook Land Canal Boats.

Bear Country: Country Bear Jamboree, Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes (closed at dusk)

Tomorrowland: Adventures Through Inner Space, America Sings, Autopia, Disneyland RR Trains through Grand Canyon and Primeval World, Mission to Mars, Monorail via Disneyland Hotel, Peoplemover through Superspeed Tunnel, Rocket Jets, Skyway to Fantasland (one way), Space Mountain, Submarine Voyage.

Adventureland: Big Game Shooting Gallery, Enchanted Tiki Room, Jungle Cruise, Swiss Family Treehouse.

The only clue that I have to the date is that this is a set of Junior Admission tickets (ages 12 through 17), the price (Admission and 15 Adventures in Disneyland=$7.50 "A $14.10 value"), and our family history. It could have been my brother's set of tickets in 1977, or my SIL's set in the early 1980s. There's a serial number on the A ticket: F014706. There's a little number on the bottom of the list of attractions, "775".

Somewhere around here there's probably another remnant booklet, in a scrapbook. I haven't found it yet.

Donna
    1967, 1973, 1977 - DLR (RV parks)
    1980-1984 - DLR (multiple single days or at now-defunct motels)
    1994 - DLR (off-site hotel)
    2007 - DLR (single day)
    2008, 2009 - DLR (BW Stovall's)
    2012 - WDW (PopC)
    2013 - DLR (Candy Cane Inn)

Re: Old Ticket Book, circa 70s?

Hi Donna,

What a fun find! It sounds like your ticket book dates from sometime between May 1977 (when Space Mountain opened) and September 1979 (when Big Thunder Mountain Railroad opened). I hope you enjoy looking through more scrapbooks. And thanks in advance for sharing more neat artifacts with us all!

When did they stop using the ticket books? My husband only seems to remember one visit using the tickets (1977), but I seem to recall we used them in December 1980, too.

Donna
    2007 - DLR (single day)
    2012 - WDW (PopC)

• DL Vistor Since 1968

Disneyland stopped using ticket books in 1982, IIRC.

IIRC??? (I'm still learning all of these acronyms on this site!)

My husband and I seem to recall that there was a military promotion using the new "passports". His mom, dad and sister came out to visit us in SoCal and we went up to DL for a two day visit. I seem to recall buying the tickets at the base and finding out that they were testing out this new passport system. I believe this was in 1981, though I could be incorrect about the year. I do remember staying in a motel that is now only a memory, as it was right about where California Screamin' is now.

Donna
    2007 - DLR (single day)
    2012 - WDW (PopC)

• Foolish Mortal

IIRC = If I Recall Correctly

Can you post a picture of your ticket book? I vaguely remember them as a child.

These aren't the greatest photos -- when my scanner is back up and running, I'll scan these. (Our house is being remodeled so a lot of stuff is put away right now.)

DL ticket book 1977 by jeanniesisters, on Flickr

Back of 1977 ticket book by jeanniesisters, on Flickr

DL "A" ticket 1977 by jeanniesisters, on Flickr

Donna
    2007 - DLR (single day)
    2012 - WDW (PopC)

Quote Originally Posted by teacherlady19 View Post
    [On] the inside back cover listing all the attractions "Adventures in Disneyland".... There's a little number on the bottom of the list of attractions, "775"...
    The code you found indicates that this ticket book was produced in 5/77, or May 1977, which is what Werner suggested in his first post.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by teacherlady19 View Post
    My husband and I seem to recall that there was a military promotion using the new "passports". His mom, dad and sister came out to visit us in SoCal and we went up to DL for a two day visit. I seem to recall buying the tickets at the base and finding out that they were testing out this new passport system. I believe this was in 1981, though I could be incorrect about the year. I do remember staying in a motel that is now only a memory, as it was right about where California Screamin' is now.

Donna
    The all day passports were phased in over a few years until the tickets were completely done away with in 1982 in anticipation of the EPCOT Center's opening.

Yeah, I remember when there was a junior admission price, unlike today, when a four-year-old is considered an adult and pays adult fare even though said child can't ride all the rides.
    Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
    Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

I was wrong. Tickets for children go from ages 3 to 9. Tickets for adults go from age 10 and up into infinity. Still, there should be a junior admission from age 10 to 17.
    Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
    Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

• formerly very helpful

I'm glad I was sitting down when I read the prices in your description! Still, it's nice to see how little some things, like Main Street have changed over the years.

• Minion

What a great find! So many memories from reading this thread.

And that list of attractions! That was when Disneyland was at its finest IMO.

I know many love Star Tours. I know many love Indiana Jones.

But as good as those attractions are, I don't they think they are enough to help the park surpass what it was in the late 60s/70s/early 80s. There were just SO many good things in the park at that time that IMO, two good attractions don't compensate for.

• Minion

Agreed!

• Sock Puppet

What a lucky find!!! The only thing I come accross in old furniture are moth balls and broken pencils