Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• The Park Nerd

Cool The PeopleMover might come back to Disneyland.

I just talked to a cast member the last time I went to disney and asked him about if the PeopleMover will come back to Disneyland and he said :

"There are no plans for it but if the imagineers think 'Hey! I think we should put the PeopleMover back in Disneyland.' Then so be it."

I also told him that Rocket Rods damaged the PeopleMover tracks and he said :

"Well, the imagineers might decide to rebuild the tracks because you know Space Mountain just had their tracks rebuilt 11 years ago and Big Thunder Mountain had its tracks rebuild this year. So maybe the PeopleMover might go up the board, but it isn't most likely that it will come in an instant.", He said.

So its likely it will come!

Re: The PeopleMover might come back to Disneyland.

Wouldn't that be nice? From what I've heard about track damage, etc, it would have to be a total hehab to work. Even if the track is damaged it's doubtful that all the pillars are bad. Take the top of the track off and rebuild on the old pillars.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

• formerly very helpful

I can't think of anyone who would be more happy than me if it returned, but I've given up hoping.

• film975

It would be a nice surprise for the 60th Anniversary if this turns out to be true.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YeahBoyee View Post
    I just talked to a cast member the last time I went to disney and asked him about if the PeopleMover will come back to Disneyland and he said :

"There are no plans for it but if the imagineers think 'Hey! I think we should put the PeopleMover back in Disneyland.' Then so be it."

"Well, the imagineers might decide to rebuild the tracks because you know Space Mountain just had their tracks rebuilt 11 years ago and Big Thunder Mountain had its tracks rebuild this year. So maybe the PeopleMover might go up the board, but it isn't most likely that it will come in an instant.", He said.

It seems like that Cast Member was only saying that there is the physical possibility that it could come back. At this point, there is no reason to believe it actually will, based on the huge cost of retrofitting the huge track, not just for any damage from the Rocket Rods, but also for ADA and CalOSHA compliance.

• Pox-worthy since 1973

Ugh, how many times do people have to say this?

The one reason why the PeopleMover CAN NOT return legally is because of how and where the loading platform is situated, it's not WHEELCHAIR ACCESSABLE. Unless they can fix this issue (And I highly doubt they will), they (TDA) it would be illegal to bring the
    PeopleMover back. (Not that I wouldn't want to see it).

"You’ll have bad times, but it’ll always wake you up to the good stuff you weren’t paying attention to."

Robin Williams
    July 21, 1951 – August 11, 2014

• Donald's #1 Fan

Hmm, first post, controversial topic, keywords in different colors and fonts. I'd be suspicious about the OP!

• Your cadaverous pallor

just think of how popular it would be there would be like a 4 hour line on opening day
    I Fresh baked!

Quote Originally Posted by PhonyKingOfEngland View Post

The one reason why the PeopleMover CAN NOT return legally is because of how and where the loading platform is situated, it's not WHEELCHAIR ACCESSABLE. Unless they can fix this issue (And I highly doubt they will), they (TDA) it would be illegal to bring the
    If this was the only issue, they could easily build an elevator and make every x amount of cars for handicapped people, you just wheel the chair or scooter directly on, strap it in and off you go. I think the main issue is rebuilding the track and needed to make emergency exits accessible. They would have to widen the track so people could evacuate.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

It's not impossible to do. It's just REALLY expensive and maybe wouldn't add more numbers to Disney's bottom line. Unfortunately that's the real culprit these days. Back in Walt's days, he would build what he WANTS to see, not what he thinks will bring in the most people.

In my opinion, quality is still what makes me a loyal paying customer and unfortunately, there's enough quality at the Disney parks that most people don't bat an eye.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Meh

Umm, I got excited about this thread but upon reading your post I have come to the conclusion that a better title would be "The Peoplemover could come back to Disneyland if imagineers want it to, but there are ZERO plans to do so.." Is this thread just a troll post to toy with our emotions?

Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

• The Park Nerd

Ugh, how many times do people have to say this?The one reason why the PeopleMover CAN NOT return legally is because of how and where the loading platform is situated, it's not WHEELCHAIR ACCESSABLE. Unless they can fix this issue (And I highly doubt they will), they (TDA) it would be illegal to bring the PeopleMover back. (Not that I wouldn't want to see it).
    It is wheelchair accessible. There is an elevator if you look at the left of the station. Otherwise, that's just an emergency exit.Also, if the peoplemover should come back, They'd need to demolish the outside track or the whole thing. If they do that, all of tomorrowland will close. #Anger #Omg #ROCKETRODSWHY

• The Park Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Mind Tricks View Post
    Umm, I got excited about this thread but upon reading your post I have come to the conclusion that a better title would be "The Peoplemover could come back to Disneyland if imagineers want it to, but there are ZERO plans to do so.." Is this thread just a troll post to toy with our emotions?
    I do not troll forums. You should know better!

• Monorail Lover

I do not troll forums. You should know better!
    You've only made 3 posts, we don't know you well enough to know if you're trolling or not. But I'm one to talk about post count, right?
    Signature down for reimagineering.

What if there was a different ride entrance for wheelchairs somewhere along the route? Wouldn't that work? Maybe a place where cars could enter from a switched track after the disabled quests have already loaded, the same way it works on Space Mtn.

But is it actually the law that all rides have to permit handicapped access?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast