• Wannabe Mousketeer

V.I.N.C.E.N.T. From 1979's Black Hole and Yesterland elements in Star Tours

I wish they'd have Vincent lurking somewhere in TL.
    Sorry to necropost, but the Black Hole thread was locked, but I wanted to respond to this.

My last trip to Disneyland, I DID spot V.I.N.C.E.N.T. in tomorrowland. Most of the time, I grab a fast pass if I want to ride Star Tours. The time that we did not, thinking the wait time was reasonable, we went through the queue area being able to look at the details from the aisle, and therefore a different angle. From the stand-by line, I looked down onto the Luggage Checking droid's scanner screen, and there was a familiar shape right there!

I also found it a bit amusing of seeing the original Pilot Rex, discarded in a crate, who would occasionally blurt out dialog from the previous version of the ride. What makes it amusing is not so much the throwback to the previous version, but how this Rex droid seems to remember the trip to Endor we remember from the 1980s, but the setting of the New Star Tours is actually a prequel to the previous ride. A hint is that the original ride used Starspeeder 3000s whereas the new ride it is the Starspeeder 1000.

• formerly very helpful

Re: V.I.N.C.E.N.T. From 1979's Black Hole and Yesterland elements in Star Tours

Wibbly wobbly timey wimey

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    Wibbly wobbly timey wimey
    ... stuff.
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

• Disney's #1 Fan

I agree, it is very fun to see Rex in the ride. It takes you back to the days of riding the early version of Star Tours! Did you know that the droid that does the baggage check in the que is actually a recycled duck from the America Sings ride? The rest of his duck brothers can now be seen in Splash Mountain!