Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Re: ***1980 Family trip pics***

That was so cool! I love vintage photos!

• Are we there yet?

I've got the biggest toothiest smile looking at these pictures, so many wonderful memories!
    What time is the 3 o'clock parade?

http://www.myspace.com/pduliere

• Disabled Guest Pro

not sure where this photo was taken?

Main Street - Coke Corner? It looks like it could be. At first I thought maybe NOS as well but leaning more toward MS, I know someone has to have the answer here!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

I think the band is on a vehicle or parade float driving down (or up?) Main St.

Actually, I think it is a parade now that I see the rope behind the spectators.
    I think the band is on a gazebo float.
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

• Main Gypsy

Isn't that where the Carnation Cafe is located now? (looking across the street where the lockers are located)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
    I think the band is on a vehicle or parade float driving down (or up?) Main St.

Actually, I think it is a parade now that I see the rope behind the spectators.
    I think the band is on a gazebo float.

I agree with your assumption, and the kids are at the Carnation Cafe.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

If anyone knows Where in the (Disney) World - It's Band of Gypsies!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

The parking lot pic is too cool. The dad is trying to keep everyone from flying off. And you can just see one of the old trams in the background.

• A guy walks into a bar...

I'm revising my answer (Pirate ship in Fantasyland? What the hell was I thinking???). After Windexing my monitor and getting a better look, I'm fairly certain this photo was taken in the middle of the West side of Main Street, looking toward the Market House. Just to the left of center is where the fruit cart is today as well as the entrance to the lockers (which weren't there in 1980).

Just a guess....

edit: I just saw Hollywood's post quoted below. Looks like beat me to the punch!

This internet message board posting does not reflect the thoughts or opinions of either my company, my friends, or my cat; don't quote me on that; don't quote me on anything; all rights reserved; you may distribute this message freely but you may not make a profit from it; terms are subject to change without notice; illustrations are slightly enlarged to show detail; any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is unintentional and purely coincidental; do not remove this disclaimer under penalty of law; hand wash only, tumble dry on low heat; do not bend, fold, mutilate, or spindle; your mileage may vary; no substitutions allowed; for a limited time only; this message is void where prohibited, taxed, or otherwise restricted; Contest ends 12-31-2099.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    Yeah I'm scratching my previous guess and saying it's Main Street and the opening behind the band is where the lockers are. They are at the restaurant (sorry can't remember the name) across the street. Anybody else? Oh yeah, sorry, awesome pictures!
    You can see the word "House" on the red sign in the upper right side from the Market House.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

•   
    • Kerplookee

Thanks for all the great comments. I've been having a good laugh looking through these old pics. I still have no idea where that one pic was taken.
    I love looking in the background and seeing differences with the crazy clothes, hair, style, etc.
    Got the scanner working and dug up a couple more. Enjoy!

Great shot of the family waiting in line to get in. I think green shorts girl would be skimpy for today standards. but I guess that was the style. ?

I really thought I was steering.

Another Classic shot. I think the guy in red is perving on the woman walking by. At least I think thats a guy. ???

Found these earlier photo's. I believe these are 1978 and I was two. Can't tell if thats me or my twin asleep in the stroller.

And another photo I'm not sure of the location. I am the little one in the middle looking lost. this was photo was taken June of 1978.

Hopefully I can find some more. I love looking at these old photo. Wish my parents took more but with 4 kids I understand why there are so few.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpee View Post
    I only care for Disney bling!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Again, that's awesome. I actually like the castle that color. And I don't know if that's a guy or girl either!
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Duck44 View Post
    Thanks for all the great comments. I've been having a good laugh looking through these old pics. I still have no idea where that one pic was taken.
    I am pretty sure it was taken from the Carnation and there was a parade going on (the ropes). If you look across the street to the right, you see the red sign where you can red "House" from the Market House sign.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

we used to drive to Disneyland from the Bay Area in our '76 Honda Hatchback with 6 of us. Not really sure how that worked with seating
    I can really relate to this as My wife and I have made two 600 mile round trips with our 4 daughters in Herbie.

The parking lot photo is great(well actually they are all great), because it is such a mundaine place for a photo op. I recently found a few photos from my wife and I's honeymoon in 1992, and they are as mondaine as you can get.

This is the only picture that say's "Were at Disneyland!" of all our honeymoon photos!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by sailerm View Post
    Nothing says "honeymoon" quite like a photo of the blushing bride scowling in a yellow rain poncho in front of a billboard in the middle of a rainstorm..... Hallmark is seriously overlooking a prime market.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast