Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Disney Park Characters of Yesterland

Llama Lover, I recommend renting the Tailspin volume 1 on netflix if you got it. Just to wet the 'ol memory banks. (yup, Duck Tales, Chip'n'Dale Rescue Rangers, Gargoyles, TailSpin, and Darkwing Duck have dvd box sets now).

I'm gonna have to dig through some old photos and scan them when I get a chance.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

You can always buy them on DVD and remember your childhood days with Disney Afternoon .

So far Ducktales, Gummi Bears, TaleSpin, Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck have had theiur first volumes released .

• Back After Missing MC

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Llama Lover, I recommend renting the Tailspin volume 1 on netflix if you got it. Just to wet the 'ol memory banks. (yup, Duck Tales, Chip'n'Dale Rescue Rangers, Gargoyles, TailSpin, and Darkwing Duck have dvd box sets now).

I'm gonna have to dig through some old photos and scan them when I get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    You can always buy them on DVD and remember your childhood days with Disney Afternoon .

So far Ducktales, Gummi Bears, TaleSpin, Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck have had theiur first volumes released .
    What?!?! Why was I not personally notified of this? Yes indeed I do have a Netflix account and I will head over there toot-sweet to add these to my que.

Thank you Coheteboy and Disney Wrassler!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

They sell some of 'em at Wal Mart, Amazon, Disneyland, etc.

• Back After Missing MC

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    They sell some of 'em at Wal Mart, Amazon, Disneyland, etc.
    Nice...I have slacked off on my DVD collecting lately so I need to get back on the horse. Any of these would add nicely to my Disney drawer and I also have a cubemate with 3 kids that need to be introduced to the wonders of the Disney afternoon lineup of old!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

When you go to Disneyland next, go to 20th Century Music on Main Street and have them burn you a copy of the Disney Afternoon Soundtrack. I love it .

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Mirror View Post
    Balou
    King Louie
    Brear Bear
    Brear Fox
    Mufasa (?)(monkey from the Lion King)
    Timon
    The 3 Little Pigs

Hmmm, I'm still thinking...
    These characters that you keep mentioning do come out at Walt Disney World. Granted The 3 Little Pigs are only in Spectro, but the Big Bad Wolf comes out at Halloween.

Baloo and King Louie are often found on Main Street and Timon and Mufasa have their meet-and-greet in Adventureland. The Brer family - Brer Bear, Brer Rabbit, and Brer Fox are out in Frontierland by Splash and outside DAK. I've seen Robin Hood characters (Robin Hood, Sheriff, Prince John) in various locations (MK, Epcot's CC, etc.). The Disney Afternoon characters - Darkwing, Launchpad, Scrooge are often seen at these holiday parties and even outside of them.

When it comes down to it - Disneyland has less variety in characters. I've been told by Disneyland's Guest Relations that if I want to see certain characters, I have to go to Walt Disney World to do so. Sad, but from my experiences - true.

• Having a Grand Day!

Did ya know Tale Spin was suppost to be a spin off for Launchpad? They nixed that and replaced him with the cast from Jungle Book.
    Actually, it was the Show that evolved into Darkwing Duck that was ment to be for Launchpad and GizmoDuck - Tad Stones couldn't get it to work, so he dumped Gizmo, Dumbed Down Launchpad and paired him with DW.

• Back After Missing MC

When you go to Disneyland next, go to 20th Century Music on Main Street and have them burn you a copy of the Disney Afternoon Soundtrack. I love it .
    No way! I will definitely add this to my "to do" list for my next trip. I did not even know that store existed so I obviously need to spend a little more time exploring all the treasures to be found on Main Street.

Quote Originally Posted by drnilescrane
    Actually, it was the Show that evolved into Darkwing Duck that was ment to be for Launchpad and GizmoDuck - Tad Stones couldn't get it to work, so he dumped Gizmo, Dumbed Down Launchpad and paired him with DW.
    Holy smokes, how do you guys know all this stuff?!?! Pretty impressive, I had no idea so much drama was behind these animated series that most people have long forgotten (sadly).

• Having a Grand Day!

Quote Originally Posted by LlamaLover View Post
    Holy smokes, how do you guys know all this stuff?!?! Pretty impressive, I had no idea so much drama was behind these animated series that most people have long forgotten (sadly).
    Trawling through all the old Usenet Groups on a lonely weekend looking at the posts that Tad Stones himself made helps

• Back After Missing MC

Quote Originally Posted by drnilescrane View Post
    Trawling through all the old Usenet Groups on a lonely weekend looking at the posts that Tad Stones himself made helps
    Interesting...I will have to remember that when I have some time to kill (or I make up an excuse to kill some time).

• Delawarean Girl

Has anyone here seen Daisy Duck around here? I'm curious if she comes out alot.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Hayley B View Post
    Has anyone here seen Daisy Duck around here? I'm curious if she comes out alot.
    Ya know, I'm pretty sure she didn't come out all that much in the past but she's probably more of a recent character as far as Disneyland history goes. I could be wrong because I could have sworn I've seen her in some recent parades. But I think she might be in Fantasia2000 gear.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Delawarean Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Ya know, I'm pretty sure she didn't come out all that much in the past but she's probably more of a recent character as far as Disneyland history goes. I could be wrong because I could have sworn I've seen her in some recent parades. But I think she might be in Fantasia2000 gear.

Thank you. I keep thinking the samething. I know she didn't show up alot. But since she has been showing up in recent cartoon shows now; maybe she shows up more now because of it.

• professional beet farmer

i was at wdw recenty and was at mk quite a few times. each time i saw daisy nest to the main st station. also saw timon, rafiki, and launchpad mcquack. he was in toontown in the tent where you meet characters.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast