Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

• Infinitized!

Re: Disney Park Characters of Yesterland

Has the White Witch from Narnia made any appearances lately or did they just use her to promote the movie when it came out last year?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Has the White Witch from Narnia made any appearances lately or did they just use her to promote the movie when it came out last year?

I haven't seen any Narnia characters out and about. I also haven't seen any Treasure Planet characters either in a long while. Hehe... not too memorable of a movie I suppose.

I would really like it if they had someone in a rocketeer get-up walking around Condor Flats. That would be rad!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Back After Missing MC

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I would really like it if they had someone in a rocketeer get-up walking around Condor Flats. That would be rad!
    We took these photos when we were at the park in 1991. I remember LOVING that movie and I still like to find the mini Rocketeer in the popcorn cart whenever I make it back to the park.

Quote Originally Posted by LlamaLover View Post
    We took these photos when we were at the park in 1991. I remember LOVING that movie and I still like to find the mini Rocketeer in the popcorn cart whenever I make it back to the park.
    Hahaha!! I was so psyched when I saw that on the popcorn cart near IASW last January... (My first and likely to be only trip, at least for a while).

I have always been bummed out I never got to meet Roger Rabbit.... I didn't make it to WDW between 1985 and 1999, and between then Roger came, went, and got buried. Only place I ever saw him was in Spectro, then about 2 years later, they replaced him with the Genie.

• Back After Missing MC

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Roman View Post
    I have always been bummed out I never got to meet Roger Rabbit.... I didn't make it to WDW between 1985 and 1999, and between then Roger came, went, and got buried. Only place I ever saw him was in Spectro, then about 2 years later, they replaced him with the Genie.
    Sadly I have never seen Roger Rabbit in person either. Does anyone have any photos of him? Also, I have heard rumors that they thought about having a Jessica Rabbit face character at one time. Is this true?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Wow, LLAMA LOVER, thanks for posting those! I was just talking without even KNOWING they had him walking around at one point. But then again, they had Dick Tracy characters when that movie was out (i guess a stage show helps a bit).

I spoke to Dave Stevens (creator of Rocketeer) about the movie sequel rights and he says Disney still owns it and won't let them go. He really wanted to get another movie made but can't. :::sigh:::

I'd love to see some Jessica Rabbit action!

And I took a picture with Roger Rabbit back in 1989 or something... the scanner ain't up and running but when it does, i'll scan everything in. I don't have too much though.

Does anyone have more Disney Afternoon photos? I wanna see some Beagle Boys, Darkwing Duck, Fat Cat, etc.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Back After Missing MC

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Wow, LLAMA LOVER, thanks for posting those! I was just talking without even KNOWING they had him walking around at one point. But then again, they had Dick Tracy characters when that movie was out (i guess a stage show helps a bit).

I spoke to Dave Stevens (creator of Rocketeer) about the movie sequel rights and he says Disney still owns it and won't let them go. He really wanted to get another movie made but can't. :::sigh:::

I'd love to see some Jessica Rabbit action!

And I took a picture with Roger Rabbit back in 1989 or something... the scanner ain't up and running but when it does, i'll scan everything in. I don't have too much though.

Does anyone have more Disney Afternoon photos? I wanna see some Beagle Boys, Darkwing Duck, Fat Cat, etc.
    My pleasure! I only wish I had more to post. During this trip I did not take any photos and of course before the digital camera age every photo was priceless so you rarely took more than one or two of the same thing. Wow, do I love my digital camera!

I can't wait to see what you have on file when the scanner is up and running. It is always great to see what other people found exciting on their park trips and of course now looking back and actually remembering what was there.

• Infinitized!

This is one movie series I'd like Disney to resurrect, especially since they set it up for a sequel. I loved this movie. An attraction based on The Rocketeer would definitely fit into Condor Flats.

• I was deleted.

Sadly I have never seen Roger Rabbit in person either. Does anyone have any photos of him?

This was 1990ish.

• Back After Missing MC

Great photo BigPigletFan! Who are the kids in the photo? Very cute!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Originally Posted by LlamaLover
    Sadly I have never seen Roger Rabbit in person either. Does anyone have any photos of him?
    I have seen Roger many times in Toon Town

• Back After Missing MC

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    I have seen Roger many times in Toon Town
    I will have to remember this for my next trip. I don't get to visit the park very often and when I do I generally don't spend too much time in Toon Town. I think it is a great concept but needs a little work. The last time I was there it looked faded and most everything was down or just closed all together.

I am New here, and as you might see GB FAn short for Gummi Bears Fan.

Anyway, does anyone have pictures of the bears in the parks?

I know from info friends worked for the park said that
    Cubbi and Sunni were the ones that appeared the most, with the other
    bears making appearances in parades and busy times.

Anyone comferm if Cubbi ever came in the park as the Crimson Avenger (epsode of same name) costumed this way, or if he made any apperances
    since Walt's 100 yrs celebrations, info i was reading he did appear as did sunni, but this is uncomfermed. Also there a rumer that Gusto GUmmi was also a character that greated guests during the DA era, but also unocmfurmed.

it would be nice to se the bears return now that there DVD set is due for release on Nov 14th. (NO this is the offical Disney set for seasons 1 to 3, i am hoping Disney channel will promote this release as they done for Litte Mermaid and Brother Bear 2, on the super short show). The show sorta got left behind, and forgoten about for 10 yrs (the show now 21 yrs old since it appaered on Sept 14, 85).

If anyone has pics from GB at the parks or any of the DA characters please post em . My last trip to DL was in April 81, a 2nd trip in Nov 86 was cancelled due to the fact that tickets were hard to get do to Capt EO's opening a few weeks earlier.
    So I never saw the bears in person.

• Back After Missing MC

Here is a photo of Tummi Gummi from 1987 (not sure why we are standing in a Snow White promotional area):

This photo of my brother with Grammi Gummi was taken in 1991:

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Man, I miss the gummi bears.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast