Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Epcot's my fave park!

Re: Music of Yesterland

Country Bear Jamboree on my iPod along w/other Disney music

• Back After Missing MC

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    This is a newer entry, but I already miss the Dick Dale soundtrack from Space Mountain.
    I agree 100%. The first time I rode it with the new music I thought it was good but was just missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    And this is a weird one, but I totally miss the MAGIC KINGDOM CORP. Don't know if you ever caught this small group of drum & bugle musicians. They'd march around and play disney songs (and others) with all the brass glory you can want. sigh, they got cut when the Pressler regime started and they decided that live music wasn't worth spending on. Other musicians have returned now, but I still haven't seen or heard the magic kingdom corp presence in years.
    That is really sad. I also heard there was some amazing groups that were in Adventureland that are since gone. They played steel drums and were located somewhere above the Jungle Cruise I believe. I really wish they would bring these types of bands back, they are so amazing and really add to the atmosphere.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LlamaLover View Post
    I did not realize how much the sounds of Disneyland can bring back memories but after tuning into www.uabmagic.com I became an instant addict. I vaguely remember Adventures through Inner Space but listening to the entire attraction is just a hoot. The subs were one of my all time favorites as a kid but I could not remember the entire script so hearing it again was incredible. I love hearing tracks from The Carousel of Progress, background music for the Peoplemovers, and Tahitian Terrace dinner music since I don't remember (or did not ever get to experience) these attractions. Disneyland is so attentive to detail and their music is no exception.
    I loved the recorded music heard outside the ticket booths, with the voice of the legendary Jack Wagner describing the various admission and ticket book options.

He also had a special spiel for wet weather..."Into each life a little rain must fall. Welll - it looks like today is our day."

I, of course, loved the Tahitian Terrace and its dinner show, but part of the time I worked there, I really didn't like the last "Aloha" because it meant break time was over.

BTW...musical note...we always saved our used big salad oil tins for the drummers...they would hollow them out and use em!!!

Thanks for letting me share a little memory.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Back After Missing MC

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    I loved the recorded music heard outside the ticket booths, with the voice of the legendary Jack Wagner describing the various admission and ticket book options.

He also had a special spiel for wet weather..."Into each life a little rain must fall. Welll - it looks like today is our day."

I, of course, loved the Tahitian Terrace and its dinner show, but part of the time I worked there, I really didn't like the last "Aloha" because it meant break time was over.

BTW...musical note...we always saved our used big salad oil tins for the drummers...they would hollow them out and use em!!!

Thanks for letting me share a little memory.

--Barry
    Radiobarry I always LOVE when you post fun memories from your time at the park. I am so envious that you were able to not only see but work behind the scenes at the Tahitian Terrace! The photos show an amazing show with incredible detail. The music I have heard from it was great too, I only wish I could have heard it in person and not only on recordings.

I also love hearing the recordings of the ticket booth annoucements even though I don't recall the time when there were ticket books and not general admission. It reminds me of that excited feeling that you experience as you first enter the park. Another one of my favorites is the background music from Main Street. When I hear it I can almost smell the tasty treats and see all the bustling traffic through all the shops.

I cannot believe they used your empty salad oil tins for drums! Great story Radiobarry, thank you once again for taking us back to Yesterdayland through your eyes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12