Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Re: A final ride on the old subs...in 1999

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    Very cool, I had my last ride the weekend it closed. We made a special trip over and rode 3 or 4 times. What a weekend. Hope you had fun, I didn't realize they did that kind of thing. To bad you didn't get any pictures or video to show us. Oh well. Here is a picture of the special shirts they had on hand for the official closing. Anyone else have one of these. Disneyland price tag still on the shirt, never worn:

Woohoo, still have the original receipt too.......
    You must spread around some reputation before giving it to DLandFansAZ again.
    Awesome shirt Marc!!
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Back After Missing MC

Such a great story matman730! The SV was one of my favorite rides as a kid and one that I remember pretty distinctly compared to other attractions that have since moved to Yesterdayland. I remember the first time we returned to DL and found the subs had closed for good and I was so upset. There were rumors of a Little Mermaid attraction in the works but of course nothing ever came of that. I always thought it was such a waste to have the lagoon sitting empty so I am happy to hear of all the progress with Nemo. It will never replace the SV in my heart but it will at least put some prime DL real estate to good use.

PS - AWESOME shirt DLandFansAZ! That is a great piece of park memorabilia that many of us would LOVE to get our hands on!

• Koubu Pilot

Who here remembers feeling a sense of shock when they find an attraction has closed? I remember feeling it when Motorboat Cruise, Skyway, PeopleMover, and the Subs each closed.

• Back After Missing MC

Quote Originally Posted by Koutesu View Post
    Who here remembers feeling a sense of shock when they find an attraction has closed? I remember feeling it when Motorboat Cruise, Skyway, PeopleMover, and the Subs each closed.
    I remember it all too well...

• Koubu Pilot

It's still sad to go to Disneyland and see the old skyway station sitting up in the trees. It's also sad to see the Peoplemover track without a Peoplemover on it. At least the subs were saved. 2009: Matterhorn, Monorail, and Subs all turn 50! At least the Matterhorn gets a refurb on a regular basis. New monorails. Restored subs with an all new story. It will be like Disneyland's Second 50th Anniversary (kind of how the opening day of the 3 attractions is thought to be Disneyland's Second Grand Opening)

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by Koutesu View Post
    2009: Matterhorn, Monorail, and Subs all turn 50! At least the Matterhorn gets a refurb on a regular basis. New monorails. Restored subs with an all new story. It will be like Disneyland's Second 50th Anniversary (kind of how the opening day of the 3 attractions is thought to be Disneyland's Second Grand Opening)
    OOOOOoooooooh, I smell a major MiceMeet coming in 2009!!
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12