Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: What Disneyland attraction do you miss the most?

I miss so many of the old attractions! Here are a few in no particular order:

1) The Peoplemover: I must have ridden this a hundred times or more. Especially when I was trying to get up the nerve to go on Space Mountain for the first time. There is that part where you got to see a bit of the ride and I would go on it over and over trying to get my courage up. It finally worked and I went on Space for the first time when I was about 15!

2)Skyway: I loved taking pictures of Disneyland from up high. In fact I think a lot of my shots of Disneyland were scenery and no people!

3) Videoolpolis: This really ages me, but it was so much fun when I was a teenager to go and dance there.

4) The Country Bear Jamboree: I saw this so many times with my parents and grandparents and I was looking forward to taking my own daughter. Sadly, they closed it down before i could take her.

5) The parking lot: Ok I know this is silly buy I really don't like that parking garage! In fact I dislike it so much my hubby drops me and the kids at the drop off area and then goes to park the car.

I could probably list a bunch more but those are definetly my top 5.

• Lycanthropic Tendencies

oh right The Peoplemover, how could i forget that one. i remember my Grandma and i would always ride that, that was one of our faves, and she never liked rides that were too fast, same as me, so that was always our thing, The Peoplemover, fun times.
    "Yep, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Life moves pretty fast and if you don't stop to take a look around once in a while you could miss it."

Lucas

• Lycanthropic Tendencies

Quote Originally Posted by bayougirl89 View Post
    I miss so many of the old attractions! Here are a few in no particular order:

1) The Peoplemover: I must have ridden this a hundred times or more. Especially when I was trying to get up the nerve to go on Space Mountain for the first time. There is that part where you got to see a bit of the ride and I would go on it over and over trying to get my courage up. It finally worked and I went on Space for the first time when I was about 15!

2)Skyway: I loved taking pictures of Disneyland from up high. In fact I think a lot of my shots of Disneyland were scenery and no people!

3) Videoolpolis: This really ages me, but it was so much fun when I was a teenager to go and dance there.

4) The Country Bear Jamboree: I saw this so many times with my parents and grandparents and I was looking forward to taking my own daughter. Sadly, they closed it down before i could take her.

5) The parking lot: Ok I know this is silly buy I really don't like that parking garage! In fact I dislike it so much my hubby drops me and the kids at the drop off area and then goes to park the car.

I could probably list a bunch more but those are definetly my top 5.

thats how i felt about Space Mountain too, for yrs and yrs. it was only when i was about 22 that i finally went on Space, and that was cuz i met a guy there and his teenage son, and they talked me into trying it, and then we did it again right after, but man that was it for me, never been on it since lol.

but anyways i also miss the Country Bears too, and that was another one of my faves with my Grandma. it was cool going to WDW in 2004 and getting there version of the attraction.
    "Yep, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Life moves pretty fast and if you don't stop to take a look around once in a while you could miss it."

Lucas

i most definitely miss the old submarine voyage, i was sooo scared of it my first time riding but then i fell in love with it, i have yet to go on the finding nemo version though.
    "The past can hurt. You can either run from it or learn from it."- The Lion King

• Minion

It is cool to see so many remembrances of Peoplemover, Sings, Mars, and Inner Space. I worked in Tomorrowland Attractions through the 80s and into the 90s, and after those attractions closed, people continued to ask for them over and over again. I know most would consider them dated at this point in time, but who cares? In the case of Sings and Mars, I think it would be better to have SOMETHING there, even if it is dated. I know Innoventions is where Sings used to be, but I see way more positive memories of Sings than I see accolades for Innoventions. There are too many areas of Tomorrowland that are sitting idle. Peoplemover is one of the more obvious. I know it tended to break down quite a bit when I was there, but if we can put a man on the moon, why couldn't they find a way to keep that attraction "moving." I miss the old Tomorrowland, and would take it back, archaic attractions and all!!!!

I miss all of those, too, but I miss the war games they used to have around the fort. Does anyone else remember Indians attacking the fort? I'm glad they rebuilt the fort, but they made a restroom out of where one used to shoot guns out of portals, in the tower like structure. The ride I miss the most is the journey into inner space, but I also miss the "Trip to the Moon" as well.

• Hello

PM and the old Subs

• Prefect

Blog Entries

America Sings
    <o>

• Banned User

I miss Adventure Thru Inner Space. That was such an original and atmospheric dark ride. I love what they replaced it with: Star Tours. But I wish Tomorrowland still had both. Some people are calling for an updated version of ATIS, at either WDW or DLR (the science in the old one was dated).
    I also missed Mr. Toad's Wild Ride when I went to WDW -- that's one of the reasons I am going to DLR in May. To those of you who miss Country Bear Jamboree...if you can make it to WDW, their version of CBJ is great! It is exactly the way I remember that classic AA show. It was a real nostalgia trip for me.

I really miss Adventure Through Inner Space too...

I think I rode it 2 or 3 times back in the day and I always loved it...its scientific nature had the feeling of a very cool museum display...like a science museum display created by Disney. A really fascinating, awe-inspiring ride.

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

The Old Land Disney Afternoon Avenue.
    I actually miss this area, with the boats and Autopia fitted to go with the characters from the Disney block of yesterday.

And that PeopleMover...I could go on and on about just the PeopleMover. It was a perfect scenic ride, slow, relaxing, gave you a great view of the park, had a futuristic tone...simple and fun. I totally miss that thing.

• failure for lunch

It's deadlocked between The Country Bear Jamboree and
    The Submarine Voyage. Nemo doesn't do justice to how
    good the original was.

PEOPLEMOVER! I want it back!!111 :CRY:

The charm of the original Submarine Voyage ride was that the stuff was all 3D and real, and viewed through real water. Seeing animated images on screens through water seems very pointless and unimpressive to me, unfortunately. Seems to spoil and belittle the real sculptural art that is there. Sorry, but I was really disappointed with the new version of the Submarine Voyage. I preferred the realistic fish designs of the original too...

Finding Nemo is a really good movie, though.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast