Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8151617181920 LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 297
  1. #256

    • secure all cargo
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    527

    Re: What Disneyland attraction do you miss the most?

    10) the parking lot – Not really an attraction I realize, but I miss the old parking lot. There was this real sense of anticipation getting out of your car and seeing the Main Street Station several hundred yards away. Walking to the main gate and seeing it get closer and closer was one of the best feelings in the world. You lose some of that w/ the Mickey and Friends parking lot since there's no visual goal, and then to be dropped off the tram into the middle of a shopping mall (which is admittedly good for what it is) just doesn't give that same sense of going anywhere special, at least not like it used to.
    9) Mission To Mars – I miss everything about the 2055 (1967) Tomorrowland.
    8) Teddi Barra's Swingin Arcade – Before the Pooh stores, there used to be this room w/ all these mechanical arcade games w/ Country Bear Jamboree characters. They were crude looking and simple, but I loved that they made the games exclusively for the parks.
    7) Country Bear Jamboree – I never thought this was a great show, but now that it's gone I really miss it.
    6) Disney Gallery – I'm sure the new Dream Suite is fantastic, but seriously, when am I EVER going to get a chance to see it? I really miss the Gallery, its sense of history, and some of the unique merchandise.
    5) Motor Boat Cruise – Not a great ride, but it is special to me because of a sentimental memory I have of my Dad there.
    4) Circlevision 360 – I was lucky to catch "America the Beautiful" the final summer before it succumbed to the Rocket Rods queue.
    3) America Sings – Doesn't fit in Tomorrowland as well as CoP, but as a kid I was absolutely dazzled by all the audio-animatronics.
    2) Adventure Thru Inner Space – I’m not sure I even understood what this ride was about as a kid, but for some reason it was one of my favorite things from the 70’s.
    1) Peoplemover - Another ride I'm not sure why I liked so much. Suffice it to say that I long for this one everytime I hear that 60's background lounge music online.

    Honorable mention) the restroom-free lower level of the Hungry Bear Restaurant – OK, like the parking lot, not really an attraction obviously, but I miss the quietness of this little area, sitting w/ my parents and brother with the sun having just gone down, feeding the ducks an unhealthy diet of fries and popcorn. Since Splash Mountain moved in displacing the original restrooms to the restaurant, the lower level has become a high traffic area. Not to mention who wants to eat so close to a restroom anyway? Even though Splash is my all-time favorite Disney ride, a lot of charm was lost from this area of the park when the emphasis was taken off the Bears.

  2. #257

    • Mousketeer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    627

    Re: What Disneyland attraction do you miss the most?

    Quote Originally Posted by 3IAlienKid View Post
    Honorable mention) the restroom-free lower level of the Hungry Bear Restaurant – OK, like the parking lot, not really an attraction obviously, but I miss the quietness of this little area, sitting w/ my parents and brother with the sun having just gone down, feeding the ducks an unhealthy diet of fries and popcorn. Since Splash Mountain moved in displacing the original restrooms to the restaurant, the lower level has become a high traffic area. Not to mention who wants to eat so close to a restroom anyway? Even though Splash is my all-time favorite Disney ride, a lot of charm was lost from this area of the park when the emphasis was taken off the Bears.
    Now I may be wrong, I'm going to go look this up right now, but I believe the restrooms were always there, But the restrooms further down where the Splash line is were always more busy and visible.

    I'll get back on this one...

  3. #258

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ottawa Canada
    Posts
    620

    Re: What Disneyland attraction do you miss the most?

    I never went to Disneyland but i love two gone attraction the most bear country and the sub voyage and not the nemo one the one with the sea serpent and the mermaids.
    Last edited by Twist1234; 10-24-2008 at 01:02 PM.

  4. #259

    • E T1CK3T
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Near the wrong theme park
    Posts
    1,590

    Re: What Disneyland attraction do you miss the most?

    Quote Originally Posted by Twist1234 View Post
    I never to disneyland but i love two gone attraction the most bear contry and the sub voyage and not the nemo one the one with the sea serpent and the mermaids.
    I'm with you there. The Country Bear Jamboree and the original Submarine Voyage. Those are attractions I dearly miss.







  5. #260

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ottawa Canada
    Posts
    620

    Re: What Disneyland attraction do you miss the most?

    I wonder wants the point the classics leave the park to be replaced with bad rides.At WDW 20 000 sub voyage is now a playground why the hell did they do that for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    p.s.I am french from Canada so i suck at English.
    Last edited by Twist1234; 10-25-2008 at 03:13 PM.

  6. #261

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1

    Re: What Disneyland attraction do you miss the most?

    I miss a lot of stuff since my very first visit...(I go regularly now)

    The Rocket Rods...
    I know, I know, they were(and still are) disliked because of the high waiting lines. But tell me without lying that you didn't enjoy the wheelie on the drag strip in the beginning of the ride( later taken out I think). The high speeds were intoxicating. I remember coming with my friends during the Superbowl, (the park is usually near empty then) and getting to go on it 3 times in a row. Ahhh....

    The Skyway...
    Ahh... I know, every amusement park/ park has a bucket ride, even the San Diego Zoo. But those are very boring and have no purpose other than transport. The Skyway at Disneyland was just amazing. It was the modern ATIS, as it was the most private place you could be inside the park to just hear yourself think or take a break from crowded lines. And it went through the Matterhorn! A thrilling act in itself! Now, when I go on the Matterhorn, I look to my right and see the empty space where the cables and the cars would have been, looking at me as I was looking at them. Whenever I go through the pass from Frontierland( near BTM) to the beginning of the Pinochio restaurant and the Casey Jr. Train, I see the old station, sometimes with a stray cat or two, always hoping they are restoring it everytime I go by. Sometimes the lights are on near the station ( perhaps for cleaning?) but...sadly not for the purpose I wish.

    The Burning Cabin...
    I know, many non-Yesterlanders would say "whats so great about a little cabin burning?" Yeah, I wonder that to myself as well. But the feeling of having a (fake) guy with an arrow in his back and his cabin on fire frightened me when I was young. Later, I was said, because the political correctness movement (not that's its bad!) made the story into a moonshiner being unconscious......the effect was gone, be it from growing up or just it being to untrue.

    Those are just a few of the ones I miss, but I pretty much miss everything... even some little things, like the funny que video in the old space mountain with that salesperson guy.

  7. #262

    • Greetings, Program!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,154

    Re: What Disneyland attraction do you miss the most?

    Skyway and ATIS.

    Fond symbols of my childhood.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

    AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

  8. #263

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,358

    Re: What Disneyland attraction do you miss the most?

    I wrote post #1 on 10/2006:

    Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    With fans spanning all generations, many of us remember different aspects of the parks and have strong memories that will never die. What attraction(s) do you miss the most and why?

    I'll start with a few of mine:

    1. People Mover -- I know, I know... it's a simple ride with an up in the sky view of tomorrowland, but that's what I loved. The simplicity of it. There's no story, no theme... it's just cool to see moving on the tracks overhead and it's cooler to be sitting on it to rest your feet. There are people who might not be able to enjoy certain attractions and it's great when they can at least get a peak. I wasn't too big on the TRON part but once I finally saw the movie, it was the coolest thing ever. I want this attraction back in the park more than anything.

    It was fun to ride a ride and just chat with friends. hehe... not that we could't do that waiting for a ride, but it's different when you're on a ride.


    2. Captain EO -- Still to this very day, my favorite 3D movie ever. George Lucas at his prime along with Francis Ford Coppola and... well....Michael Jackson before he went crazy. Great entertainment and definitely higher rewatch value over 'Honey I shrunk the audience'.

    I'm not asking for this to return to theaters, but I'd like a DVD and some action figures released!


    3. Skyway -- I remember when my friends and I were getting ready to get on. The cast member says "last one on likes New Kids on the Block!" Oh man, we never raced so hard to get on a ride ever. It sucks because I was the last one on.

    Anyway... I do love the ride. Like the People Mover, it was a peaceful ride with fantastic views. I just love that. Especially now with the park so crowded, to get away from all of that in some way or another would be even more worth while today than it was a decade or two ago.

    I understand the logistics of the ride never coming back, but I still miss it and have fond memories. At least the San Diego Zoo still has theirs... too bad the views aren't as terrific.


    Crazy that it's been over 2 years since then. Let's see if my answers have changed...


    1. Still the People Mover. It's been 11 years since I've rode the ride and I was one who was excited about the Rocket Rods... partially since it was a dream of mine to see something fast on those tracks. Unfortunately I didn't think it was all that it was cracked out to be, and the ride didn't last long enough for me to really see if it was the lengthy line that did most of the talking.

    But even when it was up and running, I missed the peaceful scenic views of the People Mover. My friends and I would often rest our feet on that ride and figure out our next course of action. It was better than sitting on a bench, that's for sure! Elevated people watching. It was very enjoyable.


    2. Rocket Jets. I wouldn't miss it so much if the Astro Orbiter was where it should be, but the Rocket Jets and People Mover were the heart of Tomorrowland. Now, the heart of tomorrowland is dead.

    There was more to this attraction that a spinner. The lift gantry added to the suspense and thrill of going on a rocket launch. Then the height high above tomorrowland was really something else. It was something I rode everytime I visited.





    And that's really it right now. I have Captain Eo on bootleg DVD so it's not as missed as it was. I still love it and watch it frequently, but it definitely ran its course.

    The Skyway was great fun too but I miss the People Mover a lot more.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  9. #264

    • Disney Class of '79
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    8

    Re: What Disneyland attraction do you miss the most?

    Ode to Old Disneyland
    By Bill CM 79-80

    Come forth young ones and I will tell a tale, a whale of a tale it will be.

    In days of old, when Cast Members were bold and the parking lot was still out front. Employees parked by Harbor House, there was no strike… we loved the Mouse. If thirst was the case, cast members had their own Space Place! Before Indy and even Splash Mountain, they sold tickets in booths by the fountain. Security dressed in theme of the land they worked and people were thrown out for acting like jerks. The nuclear submarines and the motor boats still cruised and America the Beautiful still made the news. Monday and Tuesday the old timers say, are the days when the cast members got to play.

    Buckets of Red, Yellow and Blue, through the Matterhorn they flew! Below the Monorail ran best, across a street, then called West! The hotel there still bears his name, but no more can a helicopter land… it's a shame. A land called ‘Toon did not exist, but a Captain named EO would persist. Monsanto shrank you before Star Tours would shake you, but some say Mission to Mars needed a rest.

    In Tahiti, a table was reserved and glazed ribs is what was served. On the Terrace they would prance, young men doing a fire dance. A toad, once rode, an attraction, I am told. A rock called skull was sponsored by a fish, just don’t tell Peter Pan or he may not grant your wish. A Chef named Chis my boss whom I did miss, ran a Pavilion on a street not far from horses’ feet.

    Trains toured caverns, as pack mules rode, Rainbow Ridge was the name of the town of old. Across the rivers a cabin you see, it burned from an Indian’s arrow meant for you and me. In the morning and at night the canoe races were such a delight.

    In an apartment, at night, a light, burns bright! You will hear, above the firehouse, Walt say “…it all started with a mouse
    “There’s a great big beautiful tomorrow,
    shining at the end of every day.”

  10. #265

    • (Not a) New User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Fremont, CA
    Posts
    1,062

    Re: What Disneyland attraction do you miss the most?

    I'm too young to be on a lot of these but there are definetely a few I remember that I miss.

    CBJ- I like all three versions (the original, holiday, and vacation hoedown) and my grandpa loved Big Al so we have a lot of figures and plushes:



    I also miss the Peoplemover, albiet I can hardly remember it. I enjoyed the sort of backstage look og Tomorrowland.

    I would say I miss the Skyway, but they have those everywhere.

    My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

  11. #266

    • Only the Lonely
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    wasteland
    Posts
    9,805
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What Disneyland attraction do you miss the most?

    Oh...I miss the country bears.. I loved that ride as well as america sings..me and my dad used to get on it all the time and we knew all the words to it. and I definetly miss also the Peoplemover...I just loved how you took a tour around tommrowland and that catchy music...ahh found memories..c'est la vie
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney





    Posts: 7,777 4x the Luck




    [


  12. #267

    • Park Lover
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    178

    Re: What Disneyland attraction do you miss the most?

    I went to WDW last week and it was a true joy to see the Country Bears again. I went 5 times during my visit. I'm not just being nostalgic, that is a truly entertaining show. Hilarious and fun for adults and kids alike. The adult humor really tickles me in that show. I'm glad it still exists somewhere.

  13. #268

    • Angel Fan MC Man
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beautiful Oxnard, CA
    Posts
    24,291
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: What Disneyland attraction do you miss the most?

    Quote Originally Posted by AMouse4ME View Post
    Ode to Old Disneyland
    By Bill CM 79-80

    Come forth young ones and I will tell a tale, a whale of a tale it will be.

    In days of old, when Cast Members were bold and the parking lot was still out front. Employees parked by Harbor House, there was no strike… we loved the Mouse. If thirst was the case, cast members had their own Space Place! Before Indy and even Splash Mountain, they sold tickets in booths by the fountain. Security dressed in theme of the land they worked and people were thrown out for acting like jerks. The nuclear submarines and the motor boats still cruised and America the Beautiful still made the news. Monday and Tuesday the old timers say, are the days when the cast members got to play.

    Buckets of Red, Yellow and Blue, through the Matterhorn they flew! Below the Monorail ran best, across a street, then called West! The hotel there still bears his name, but no more can a helicopter land… it's a shame. A land called ‘Toon did not exist, but a Captain named EO would persist. Monsanto shrank you before Star Tours would shake you, but some say Mission to Mars needed a rest.

    In Tahiti, a table was reserved and glazed ribs is what was served. On the Terrace they would prance, young men doing a fire dance. A toad, once rode, an attraction, I am told. A rock called skull was sponsored by a fish, just don’t tell Peter Pan or he may not grant your wish. A Chef named Chis my boss whom I did miss, ran a Pavilion on a street not far from horses’ feet.

    Trains toured caverns, as pack mules rode, Rainbow Ridge was the name of the town of old. Across the rivers a cabin you see, it burned from an Indian’s arrow meant for you and me. In the morning and at night the canoe races were such a delight.

    In an apartment, at night, a light, burns bright! You will hear, above the firehouse, Walt say “…it all started with a mouse
    There's a tear near to my eye as I read this, a beautifully written ode to what I think is one of the great periods in Disneyland's history.

    -- Barry (Class of '74) (through 82)
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

  14. #269

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    4,280

    Re: What Disneyland attraction do you miss the most?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mel- View Post
    I went to WDW last week and it was a true joy to see the Country Bears again. I went 5 times during my visit. I'm not just being nostalgic, that is a truly entertaining show. Hilarious and fun for adults and kids alike. The adult humor really tickles me in that show. I'm glad it still exists somewhere.
    Country Bears was always one of my dad's favorites. Whenever someone mentions Country Bears an image of him laughing and enjoying himself pops in my head. He's been gone almost 20 years now, but the memories are still fresh. May God rest his soul...I miss him. Hopefully someday I'll take my grandchildren to WDW. Country Bears will be one the top of my list. It would be wonderful to share something my dad enjoyed so much with my grandchildren.
    "Happiness is a state of mind...." Walt Disney


    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." Walt Disney



    thmar

  15. #270

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,152

    Re: What Disneyland attraction do you miss the most?

    Rocket Rods?!!!
    Those were horrible!
    The line was extremely long because it kept breaking down ALL THE TIME! The design of the ride was kind of neat, although a PT Cruiser has a similar design anyway!
    I wasn't a fan of that ride, it didnt do anything for me, High speeds? I must have been on the wrong ride, because those were not intoxicating at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ph@nt0m View Post
    I miss a lot of stuff since my very first visit...(I go regularly now)

    The Rocket Rods...
    I know, I know, they were(and still are) disliked because of the high waiting lines. But tell me without lying that you didn't enjoy the wheelie on the drag strip in the beginning of the ride( later taken out I think). The high speeds were intoxicating. I remember coming with my friends during the Superbowl, (the park is usually near empty then) and getting to go on it 3 times in a row. Ahhh....

    The Skyway...
    Ahh... I know, every amusement park/ park has a bucket ride, even the San Diego Zoo. But those are very boring and have no purpose other than transport. The Skyway at Disneyland was just amazing. It was the modern ATIS, as it was the most private place you could be inside the park to just hear yourself think or take a break from crowded lines. And it went through the Matterhorn! A thrilling act in itself! Now, when I go on the Matterhorn, I look to my right and see the empty space where the cables and the cars would have been, looking at me as I was looking at them. Whenever I go through the pass from Frontierland( near BTM) to the beginning of the Pinochio restaurant and the Casey Jr. Train, I see the old station, sometimes with a stray cat or two, always hoping they are restoring it everytime I go by. Sometimes the lights are on near the station ( perhaps for cleaning?) but...sadly not for the purpose I wish.

    The Burning Cabin...
    I know, many non-Yesterlanders would say "whats so great about a little cabin burning?" Yeah, I wonder that to myself as well. But the feeling of having a (fake) guy with an arrow in his back and his cabin on fire frightened me when I was young. Later, I was said, because the political correctness movement (not that's its bad!) made the story into a moonshiner being unconscious......the effect was gone, be it from growing up or just it being to untrue.

    Those are just a few of the ones I miss, but I pretty much miss everything... even some little things, like the funny que video in the old space mountain with that salesperson guy.

Similar Threads

  1. [Other] I miss Disneyland!
    By doombuggy driver in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 10-30-2008, 01:08 PM
  2. I Miss Disneyland
    By rze51 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-02-2007, 10:54 PM
  3. You know what I really miss at Disneyland?
    By WatchYourHeadNStep in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-13-2006, 07:38 PM
  4. God, I miss Disneyland and I miss America...
    By B52Hbuff in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-21-2005, 09:39 PM
  5. Which attraction do you miss?
    By Retlaw Yensid in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 07-19-2005, 03:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •