Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

Re: What Disneyland attraction do you miss the most?

3. Country Bear Jamboree- I faintly remember it but I did love it.

2. Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough- Oh I loved it, a nice way the get out of the rain or the sun for a bit.

1. Peoplemover- Tron Tunnel, and Mooning Stromtrooper. 'nough said.

• Minion

America Sings (thankfully some sections are in Splash Mountain) Wish they would do something else like this!!

Sleeping Beauty Castle Walk through

Submarine especially the mermaids!

People mover

Skyway...enjoyed the view looking down on Fantasyland and loved going through the Matterhorn

Country Bears (original)

The Golden Horseshoe Revue (the dancing girls were awesome!)

The monorail when it went directly to the Disneyland Hotel and the monorail cafe

The mine train with view of painted desert hot springs and the bears...though I like Big Thunder Mountain

Tom Sawyer Island in all its glory when they had the fort open and all the extras (Indian Village..burning cabin, etc.... also like the keel boats

****Almost forgot...PLEASE bring back GREAT MOMENTS WITH LINCOLN
    Last edited by thmar; 10-18-2006 at 12:38 PM.
    "Happiness is a state of mind...." Walt Disney

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." Walt Disney

thmar

• ev'thing is satisfactual

America Sings and Country Bears.

The best of the AA, gone. (or at least moved)

I think that's a big reason why Splash Mountain is as great as it is.

The People Mover, including the speed ramp up to and exiting the ride. And something about little to no line to get on made you feel like you were getting such value in your day.

Big Thunder BBQ. Mmmmm...Chicken, ribs, beans, coleslaw, cornbread and cold ice tea in a mason jar.
    My Disneyland Miniatures & Stuff: http://www.ericwalls.blogspot.com/

• Follow me on Twitter!!!

Though I unfortunately don't remember it at all, I wish the Tahitian Terrace was still in Adventureland...the Aladdin show didn't last long and now it's a waste of space for children's storybook readings...I saw the menu from the Terrace and it looked fantastic...I LOOOVE that kind of food and I wish I could still see hoky Luau shows and eat great food and hear great music...they should at least put SOME kind of restaurant there...

Oh, and another thing I miss is OLD TOMORROWLAND!!! It was soo cool and retro looking and I personally think that the new version doesn't even compare to the old one...sad...
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by desertdweller View Post
    Way too many but at least I'm old enough to have experienced them!

The Hills Bros. Coffee Shop and Cafe
    Having the convenience of a real Bank of America next to The Opera House
    Sunkist's Fresh Orange Juice
    The Magic Shop
    Sleeping Beauty Walk Through
    People Mover
    Chicken of the Sea Pirate Ship for lunch
    Skyway
    The Mine Train
    The Golden Horseshoe Revue
    The OLD Tom Sawyer Island
    The Indian Village with live dance performances
    Aunt Jemima's Pancake House
    The "One Of A Kind" Shop in NOS
    That pretty much covered em all for me, too...except I miss almost all of Tomorrowland, America the Beautiful in 360, with the hostess asking everyone where they were from, and their names all at once! ATIS, the Rocket Jets, Flight To The Moon/Mission to Mars.

Working there, I got to see Space Mountain built from the ground up. Proud of that. Got to test-ride that before any guests, and one day after work we went around on BTMRR nine times, again before it was opened to the public.

And I guess I miss the fun I had in my youth during almost eight wonderful years working there!!!

Great times and memories. Thanks for letting me share them.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Keepin' it calsteady

Quote Originally Posted by Werner Weiss View Post
    I liked the Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland. ..

But on summer nights, it was even better. There was secret that not many people knew. If you boarded the Mine Train around 8:50 p.m., the train would stop on a hillside above the Living Desert. Passengers were treated to the best view of the fireworks in all of Disneyland. Each explosion in the sky would illuminate the otherwise dark Living Desert. No crowds. No noise, except for sound effects from the Living Desert. No annoying light sources.
    That sounds awesome! I would love to have that in my own Disneyland memory bank. You're very lucky!

• Keepin' it calsteady

I have a fondness for the submarine ride, but I can't say I really miss it because I don't know if I would go on it if it were still around today.

I agree with earlier posts that even if I didn't go on the Rocket Rods, it would be nice to have them spinning around up there.

But in general, I think it's necessary for Disneyland to change as time goes by. Look back at the retro pics people have been posting lately, and you'll see how far Disneyland has come in regard to offering a completely developed park where you feel completely immersed in another world.

The Mine Train was probably fun, but for those who went on it, I ask: Would you rather have fond memories of it, or would you like it to still be there today?

I, for one, would rather have my memories of the submarines and Inner Space and Mission to Mars than still have those attractions putting around at Disneyland.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by bee1000 View Post
    I, for one, would rather have my memories of the submarines and Inner Space and Mission to Mars than still have those attractions putting around at Disneyland.
    Well, you'll have the subs back anyway. Innerspace became Star Tours. Mission to Mars became a Pizza restaurant. At least those locations are being used for something!

Rocket Jets, People Mover track.... just waiting for some life to be breathed back in.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

I miss:

1. Skyway - I miss this more than anything else that has gone away. Loved it. I ask them to bring it back every year, and every year, they don't even send me a form letter back.

2. The Country Bear Jamboree. At least I can catch this at WDW every other year.

3. Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland.

4. America Sings. I went to the final showing of that one, when cast members were already starting to take parts of the animatronic singers apart. Somewhere, I have a video of that. I need to go find it.

5. Circle Vision. The only Disney ride that literally changed my life. Seeing the America the Beautiful video inspired me to travel, and short of raising my family, nothing in my life has been more fulfilling than my travel experiences.

6. Peoplemover. That will be back, right?

7. The Submarine Ride. That was my favorite until I was about 10 years old.

Oh, and it's not a ride, but I REALLY miss the dinners at Big Thunder Ranch. That was almost like taking a 60 vacation in the woods. Along the same lines, the Chicken of the Sea Pirate Ship was cool, too.

Don't miss: Captain EO, Adventure Through Inner Space, Mission to Mars.

• Senior Minion

I miss Country Bears and America Sings and the Fantasyland theater. I always loved to go sit inside the theater and watch Goofy and Wilbur (Fishing) on the big screen. My mom had to drag me out of there. Aww, good times. (need a sigh smiley here)
    Adventures Thru inner Space- That Mighty Eye always creeps me out. But glad I was able to ride it, the ride as a kid always freaked me out thinking I was never to return to normal size. Honestly, I would trade it for Star Tours anyday for the memories I have had.

Keel Boats, this unique ride that made the Rivers' of America come alive!
    Rocket Jets on top of the Peoplemover. It just isn't the same with the current Astro Orbiter. Being up that high was much more exciting!
    CircleVision glad I was able to see it and the Wonders of China.

I miss the "World of Motion" that made Tomorrowland great. I want it back now!
    Someday it will all be back in some form.
    I saw Mission to Mars, but won't miss it. Although, I would like to see something with the current Space program.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    5. Circle Vision. The only Disney ride that literally changed my life. Seeing the America the Beautiful video inspired me to travel, and short of raising my family, nothing in my life has been more fulfilling than my travel experiences.
    Same thing for me. I've since visited many of the locations seen in the film, plus a whole lot more.
    My Disneyland Miniatures & Stuff: http://www.ericwalls.blogspot.com/

• Senior Minion

I miss the Country Bear Jamboree, the bear that used to snore in the hillside as you went into Bear Country, Adventures Through Inner Space, Rocket Jets and Submarine Voyage.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Werner Weiss View Post
    I liked the Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland..
    Yes, I agree!

I also miss The People Mover, Adventure Thru Inner Space, Circle Vision, The Carousel of Progress, America Sings (even though it replaced Carausel), the original Bear Country Jamboree and (embarrassed to say) the Motor Boats. In addition, even though it wasn't a ride I miss Skull Rock too.

Of the rides I've actually been on I miss Innerspace the most. Probably after that comes peoplemover and the rockets in their original location.

Of the rides I haven't been on, I really wish I could go on the Mine Train, the UFO ride, and the house of tomorrow!

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast