Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

• California Dreamin

Sad Re: What Disneyland attraction do you miss the most?

Mine Train through Natures Wonderland and the Keel Boats
    I am the sailing instructarr. And on movie nights, I run the projectarr. Only PG. Nothing arr.
    - The Sea Captain

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: What Disneyland attraction do you miss the most?

1. America Sings
    2. Adventure through inner space
    3. COuntry Bear Jamboree
    4. People mover

Chad

I really miss Adventure Through Inner Space only because I remember being scared of it as a kid because I thought we were really being shrunken down and also because I have no real recollections of the inside of the ride other than it being really dark.

I also liked Mission to Mars too. The last time I went on it was in 1992, and I guess it was closed down sometime after that? I just remember being enamored with it because it reminded me of an old Disneyland that I didn't get a chance to really experience because I was born in '77.

• Head Postmaster of Random

In a lay-z boy licking stamps and slaping minions...

i dont think im old enough to miss anything heh...so imma pretend i am and say country bears haha
    "Permane Ser Sentados Por Favor"
    "Watch out for anything that ssssslliittherzzz"
    "Launch control, LV....Go ahead....All video recorders off."

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I'm glad that you have an interest concerning postal delivery, mousephreak. We've needed better mail service for some time now. Therefore, with the power vested in me it is of great delight that I dub thee, Head Post Office Dude of Random. Arrise and start licking those stamps! We're backed up, and time is money.
    If you won the lottery what would you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Buy a bunch of monkeys and have them re-enact the Civil War for my amusement.

• Inhospitable about happy

You guys are all NUTS.

The magic died the day they closed Mineral Hall.

Okay, okay, but seriously folks, I'm going to mention one that isn't exactly my most-missed, but it's worth a mention: The Midget Autopia.

Loved it as a little kid. I suspect that lots of little tykes would love it still, if it were there.

But most importantly: the midget autopias were, hands-down, the best-looking of ALL the autopias, past or present.

Bar none.

Oh boy, things I miss...

PeopleMover...remember eating sour cherry balls from the Candy Palace while relaxing with my friends.

Sky Ride...loved the different perspective and the rocking motion.

Country Bears...sorry, but we're Disney Holiday folks and really miss the Holiday show. We love the Pooh ride and OMG, the cookies and candy now offered at Pooh's Corner really help, but...

Le Gourmet shop in NOS...what a great, unique place. Silly move to replace it with things that you can find someplace else in the Park.

Sunkist...was there anything better than a glass of freshly-squeezed oj on a hot summer day?

Tahitian Terrace...okay, I never ate there, but sure wish I could have. How fun.

Swiss Family Robinson Tree House

There are probably many more.

E O!!!!!!

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by HartAttack View Post
    E O!!!!!!
    Maybe that get Michael to make a new film. They could call it "Captain EW."

• SpitSpot!

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Maybe that get Michael to make a new film. They could call it "Captain EW."

That has always been my name for him.
    "First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
    I never explain anything." Mary Poppins
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/26132873@N00/

1. The ride that i miss is the one that went through a microscope. I forget what the ride was, but Star Tours is there now.

2. The 360 movie.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mjbuckhouse View Post
    1. The ride that i miss is the one that went through a microscope. I forget what the ride was, but Star Tours is there now.
    Adventure Thru Inner Space

I'd say I most miss the Submarine Voyage. I was eight or nine when the closing was announced and was heart broken to think of it leaving. I even emailed Disney protesting its closure saying it could just be updated, as even I could see the age. I made it a point to ride them one last time before they closed and I left California for Georgia. I'm excited for Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, but I doubt it'll be the same voyage through liquid space.

• Main Street Master

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Adventure Thru Inner Space

I'd say I most miss the Submarine Voyage. I was eight or nine when the closing was announced and was heart broken to think of it leaving. I even emailed Disney protesting its closure saying it could just be updated, as even I could see the age. I made it a point to ride them one last time before they closed and I left California for Georgia. I'm excited for Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, but I doubt it'll be the same voyage through liquid space.
    I think you have a point about the Submarine Voyage. It probably won't be the same. Disneyland had a could trio there with a voyage through outer space at Space Mountain, inner space at Adventure Through Inner Space, and liquid space with the Submarine Voyage. How great we'll get to have one of those back. 2 out of 3 ain't bad. lol. I think what the Disney people forget about attractions sometimes is the simple experience and atmosphere of the attraction at hand. I still remember the atmosphere on board those submarines. The sights, the sounds, and the overall feel. Little things like that make you know that you are where you are. Even years later, you never forget what you heard and what you saw. It leaves an imprint on you. I know that's the case for me. I think that the ride alone isn't as important as the presentation as well. It's kinda like on American Idol when Simon defines a good singer vs. a great singer. The great singer has a little bit extra, the X factor, and personality. I think that's a good analogy for Disneyland attractions.

Don't knock it 'til you tried it though. I'm sure that the ride will have it's own charm. Veterans will know that they're really on a classic ride. Everything will be fundamentally the same (the subs, the track, the loading area, going underwater, etc...), just the themes are different, that's all.
    .....Ladies and Gentleman, Boys and Girls. Disneyland proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination. In thousands of sparkling lights and electro-synthemagnetic musical sounds. The Main Street Electrical Parade!.....

.....Disneyland's Main Street Electrical Parade!

• Banned User

Adventure Thru Inner Space!!!!!!

I miss Sleeping Beauty's Walkthru. I remember as a kid being absolutely star struck the first time I saw the castle. It was pink! And a castle! I was heart broken when I learned that it wasn't "real", but then mom whispered that we could go see Sleeping Beauty and took me through the walk-thru. In my six year old brain, it made it alright that the rest of the castle was fake. Twenty+ years later when I came back to Disneyland, it was the first place I headed.

I know that this will make me wildly unpopular, but I also miss Pirates of the Carribean as it originally was. Some of the changes at Disneyland lately have been wonderful, but bit by bit, every ride I rode as a child has been altered or closed down. POTC was the last and after I stepped off that ride with the new music and fancy projections, I realized the last tie to the DL of my childhood had been cut. I haven't been back to the park in close to a year (I had been going several times a month). Funny, isn't it? That one ride made the difference... Has anyone else experienced something similar? Where the changes, no matter how good they are, have just been... too much?

• Boogers are salty

The skyway allways had the best view of the entire park, imagine it going over bot DL and DCA that would be awsome

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast