Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Captain EO

• LoisAlene

Re: Captain EO

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Wonderful! So I'm the GEEZER here. Great - just great. I'm plucking the white hairs I found in my temples, sideburns and the one on my chest! I will always be 24.
    No GEEZER worries, Disneyland Daddy, in 1988 I was 28!
    We went to the 72 hour opening party for Captain EO and never saw it. There were just too many other things to do for this Washington State visitor. Come to think of it, I've never seen Captain EO. I think MJ was just a little too out of my age range. I've tried watching it on YouTube, but it never really has captured my imagination.

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

• Dreams do come true

I was 13 in '88 , and Capt EO holds a special place in my heart, because I'm mostly blind in my left eye and I had never been able to see 3D movies (blue/red glasses). I always felt so left out, but then one magical day at DL Michael Jackson, one of my favorite stars at the time gave me the gift of seeing my first 3D movie with the new type of 3D glasses and this awesome movie..THank you DL ,Michael,George lucas and all involved.

• The Mystery Mouseketool

Quote Originally Posted by Momzilla59 View Post
    We went to the 72 hour opening party for Captain EO and never saw it. There were just too many other things to do for this Washington State visitor.
    Time for another geezer check - in 1988 I was 24. I was also at that opening weekend party! (Momzilla, maybe I saw you - what were you wearing?) I definitely saw EO that weekend, and many times after that. I remember thinking the in-theater lasers were SOOO cool! And I had that rainbow t-shirt for many years afterward...

- Johnny
    "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are." - BB

• Beep Beep!

I was 19 in 1988, I loved the show, it was really loud, but that was part of the experience.

HDAlien

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goin2DL View Post
    I was 20 in 1988. My now husband and I went on our first DL vacation together that summer. I remember seeing Captain EO for the 1st time. I still have the poster!
    Quote Originally Posted by Momzilla59 View Post
    We went to the 72 hour opening party for Captain EO and never saw it. There were just too many other things to do for this Washington State visitor. Come to think of it, I've never seen Captain EO. I think MJ was just a little too out of my age range. I've tried watching it on YouTube, but it never really has captured my imagination.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyQuest View Post
    Time for another geezer check - in 1988 I was 24. I was also at that opening weekend party! (Momzilla, maybe I saw you - what were you wearing?) I definitely saw EO that weekend, and many times after that. I remember thinking the in-theater lasers were SOOO cool! And I had that rainbow t-shirt for many years afterward...

- Johnny
    Quote Originally Posted by HDAlien View Post
    I was 19 in 1988, I loved the show, it was really loud, but that was part of the experience.

HDAlien
    Ok ok - then I'm just a GEEZ. The "ER" will come in a couple years! HA HA.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234