Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Yester-Ponderosa

Are there any sites around that talk about this "theme park" that used to up in Incline Village on Lake Tahoe? I remember going there during its last season and really thought it was kind of cool, especially the old Cartwright house. Does anyone have any pics or anything?

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Curator of Yesterland

Re: Yester-Ponderosa

Quote Originally Posted by CarouselofProgress View Post
    Are there any sites around that talk about this "theme park" that used to up in Incline Village on Lake Tahoe? I remember going there during its last season and really thought it was kind of cool, especially the old Cartwright house. Does anyone have any pics or anything?
    Until I read this post, I wasn't aware that the old Ponderosa Ranch tourist attraction closed forever in 2004. I never visited the Ponderosa Ranch when it was open.

There's an article about the Ponderosa Ranch at http://gocalifornia.about.com/cs/lak.../ponderosa.htm

There are 7 pictures through links at: http://gocalifornia.about.com/cs/pho...tponderosa.htm

And here's the official website, with a short, blunt statement: http://www.ponderosaranch.com/
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Bonanza had the best theme song ever!

• Sock Puppet

Thanks for the links Werner. It's nice to see they gave it such a nice sendoff on their website .

Yeah, I was hoping it was going to reopen, but it doesn't seem that way. Last I heard it looks like the dude that bought it planning to put Condos there, at least that what locals say. If he does, he better run, because us Bonanza Afficianados are coming!

• Senior Minion

My wife has a bunch of photos we can share. She went the last weekend they were open.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

I would so liketo see them...I watch Bonanza all the time on TV land...I <3 the show...and its combustable intro...lol

• Senior Minion

The sign is quite weathered and obviously needs restoring. (Ponderosa Ranch sign at bottom right hand corner)

1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Senior Minion

I left them big so they would be easier to view, Since it is closed now.

• Senior Minion

• Senior Minion

• Senior Minion

In these pictures you can tell by the fake sets here.

• Senior Minion

A little out of place, but a very cool looking car.

• Senior Minion

• Senior Minion

Tahoe-

That's it for now. I will try to find the backstage shots with the cameras positioned in the back of the saloon,and more.
    Again I apologize for the photo size.

• Sock Puppet

Thank you so much, and I just struck a gold mine. My dad told me he had video of the Ponderosa that he is going to let me post. So I'll do it today. Watch for it!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)