Yesterland Operating Hours

Hello,
    I am curious to know what the operating hours were like years ago. I know that the park was closed on mondays and tuesdays for a while, or something like that, but how late was the park open during the week? On a typical Saturday or Friday in 1956? What about in the 60s? etc...
    Any information is appreciated!

• Banned User

Re: Yesterland Operating Hours

Have you tried searching Google?

Red Face Re: Yesterland Operating Hours

Yes, I searched google and all I came up with was websites talking about the park's history, but then listing this year's operating hours.

Oh well, it was an interesting question, but clearly nobody has an answer or even cares to give me any memories of how late they were in the park when they were kids. Thanks anyway.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I can give you some idea about operating hours when I worked there, from 1974 through 1982.

Summer and holiday periods the park was open daily, 8AM-1AM, 8AM-12 Midnight, 9AM-Midnight occasionally.

During the off-season: Closed Monday and Tuesday, open Wed-Fri 10AM-6PM, Sat and Sun 9AM-7PM with nighttime "private parties" (see thread in this forum) on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.

For full-time employees, that meant you had to take Monday and Tuesday as your days off in the off-season.

Hope this helps!!

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Semi-Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    I can give you some idea about operating hours when I worked there, from 1974 through 1982.

Summer and holiday periods the park was open daily, 8AM-1AM, 8AM-12 Midnight, 9AM-Midnight occasionally.

During the off-season: Closed Monday and Tuesday, open Wed-Fri 10AM-6PM, Sat and Sun 9AM-7PM with nighttime "private parties" (see thread in this forum) on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.

For full-time employees, that meant you had to take Monday and Tuesday as your days off in the off-season.

Hope this helps!!

--Barry
    My older brother worked at the park in the 60's and used to sign us in all the time and I worked at the park later in the 80's so I have a pretty good memory of the park's hours. The hours radiobarry mentions were pretty much the hours the park was open. As I recall the hours really didn't change much yera after year (except for being open 7 days a week which I think happened in 1982) until the beginning of the dreaded Pressler era.

• Banned User

Back in the 50's and 60's i heard they were closed on certain weekdays and closed at 8 on the weekends.