Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Jan. 12, 2007: Lion Country Safari in Irvine, California

Quote Originally Posted by DorkySka View Post
    Hi. I'm new to these boards, but not really... I've actually been coming for months now just reading the discussions taking place. Anyway, funny you should mention "PETA-ridden" as if it's a bad thing. Being a member of PETA, it actually sort of pisses me off. I'm angry that you could endorse such a park. PETA disagrees with Disney's Animal Kingdom because 31 animals died in the making of it... I'm pretty much over that because it's the past, and they seem to have cleaned up their act. Having drive-thru exibits that are open to the public is just totally irresponsible though. Do you realize that once these animals get old they're often sold to science? Places like that care about profit and profit alone. They don't give a crap about their animals. They're usually left in danger of cars and dirty conditions. I'm pretty much disgusted with this site now for promoting such a thing as a "fun family activity". Guess what? It's not.

I invite you to read the following so that you can make more educated choices. Hopefully you'll learn that these exibits are not as fun as they would seem. Please, please, please check it out.

http://www.helpinganimals.com/travel...deadlydest.asp

Love,
    Crystal
    Crystal, I worked at LCS in Irvine during the final years. The majority of the animals we had were retired circus animals, pets and surrendered. The only known instance of animal abuse I was aware of was where a certain handler tried to calm an excited elephant. He died.

Today, my wife works at LCS here in West Palm Beach. She is a lion keeper. If you think for even a second that your PETA propoganda says these animals are neglected or abused, you better re-examine your info source. LCS lions live twice and three times longer than lions in the wild, get daily vet care and are constantly presented with new stimulation every day. Other animals in the park get the same care. I know. Most of the wild life staff visit our house regularly and share their daily stories.

What is happening at LCS today is pretty much the norm with any AZA accreditted park or zoo. Get your facts straight. PETA has only one mission. It is narrow visioned, unrealistic and usually served with a heavy dose of sensationalism and lies. Yes, lies.

Anyway, I wish you luck as a PETA member and hope that you do not become victim of propoganda when your love for animals becomes a mission of destroying the lives of people(by the way, that is the true mission of your organization).

Peace out,
    STODD

Re: Jan. 12, 2007: Lion Country Safari in Irvine, California

Here's a little something about PETA everyone might be interested in.

Here are some pics from the news link above. *CAUTION* pics are not for sensative souls.

The point of all this is that there is always TWO sides to every story. Are animals treated inhumanely at some zoos and wild animal parks? The law of averages does not allow us to negate it, however, that same law tells us the kind and ethical treatment of animals is just as likely. Since there is money at stake(government funding) and laws(yes, laws) that govern these places, it's pretty safe to assume the big places(city zoos, nationally known amusement parks) are on the side of the law and government funding.

Friends like Crystal immediately buy into the bait that PETA hands out as truth, when in fact, it is usually a half truth and sometimes a lie.

Think for your self.

Sorry...I'll get of my soap box now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123