Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Yesterfood

• For You!

Re: Yesterfood

A couple of years ago they had different flavored churros - I loved the berry ones. Also, didn't there used to be frozen juice pops?

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    A couple of years ago they had different flavored churros - I loved the berry ones. Also, didn't there used to be frozen juice pops?
    Yes, the Citrus House on Main Street, and Sunkist I, Presume (Now the Bengal Barbecue) both served frozen Orange Juice and Lemonade Bars. Welch's also served a frozen Grape Juice Bar.

• Head Coach

from the 45th anniversary, they had a dessert called Character Cake. It was a chocolate cake with white icing and it had an edible picture of a character during the month. it was on eof the best cakes i have ever had.

• Me and Tommy Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by Napsto View Post
    from the 45th anniversary, they had a dessert called Character Cake. It was a chocolate cake with white icing and it had an edible picture of a character during the month. it was on eof the best cakes i have ever had.
    And probably even more delicious when eaten at Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

• For You!

Yes, frozen juice bars! Thanks I presume!

Also, for a while they had Mighty Duck Pucks (basically the toll house cookie ice cream sandwich).

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Me and Tommy Kirk

I just remembered - I really miss the chuckwagon at the Big Thunder BBQ. It wasn't that long ago, but I went through a spell where I had to have the beef brisket sandwich, corn on the cob and corn bread plate every time I visited. Their chicken was awesome too. That was some great food, and a wonderful atmosphere. Billy Hill played there as well before he moved over to the Golden Horseshoe...

The spaghetti at Plaza Pavilion...oh, my gosh...I remember that...it was fantastic!

I also miss the Plaza Carnation place...near the dance floor. Did I get the name right? They had great burgers and fries...and ice cream and sundaes.

Sunkist Citrus...the orange juice.

• Minion

Wink Re: Yesterfood

The first time I went to disneyland we got mickey mouse pancakes in new orleans square! We also go tuna fish sandwhiches in fantasyland!
    Wow...I remember the grape juice too! Amazing how many memories are tied in to the foods I ate at disneyland!
    Thanks for the walk down memory lane everyone!!
    Any day at Disneyland is a Happy Day!!!!

• Disney Girl Forever!

I miss all the foods from an old-school Sing-A-Long Von Drake VHS from DL....everything in that movie looked so yummy.....I think that the one that I liked the best was a Mickey waffle thing with lots of yummy-looking toppings. (Do they still serve it? Because last time I was at DL I looked for it, but I couldn't find it for the life of me)

• Disney Girl Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post

They had different flavored churros!??!?! Like, what flavors?? I would've loved to try those :-)

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AMouse4ME View Post
    OK, this is going to make me sound old, but do you remember HillsBrothers' Coffee on Main Street?
    I ceertainly do...it was a part of Main Street from just about the beginning, until the late 70's-early 80's when it became the American Egg House, which I believe a previous poster asked about. It was on the right hand side of the Town Square as you look toward Main Street. Both restaurants served delicious breakfasts.

And it was the "Carnation Plaza Gardens" that served the fantasia ice cream, as well as burgers and such.

I also must agree that the fresh-squeezed orange juice tasted better than Dole Whips!

And I miss just about everything about the old Sara Lee-era Cafe Orleans.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Space Mist Punch
    the grape juice (I had totally forgotten about that until I read it here)
    American Egg House...my grandma and I used to love to eat there for breakfast

I miss the pirate ship but more for the area and structure than the food!

• Attn. Space Travelers....

i do miss many of the foods listed previously, but i also miss "Galactic Gobblers"

Yes, theyre just turkey legs thta you can get anywhere, but the name just made them taste so much sweeter!! those were the days :-D
    Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

I thought the Welch's grape juice bars were my imagination until I read about it here!

I miss the "moon" burgers I think they were called at the Tommowland Terrace. Loved that stage that came up out of the ground!

• Santa Barbara, CA

I can still taste the Jungle Juleps and Jungle Club buttermilk doughnuts from the Sunkist "I Presume" in Adventureland. The original "Mint Julep" was good in it's day before they destroyed it.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast