Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Yesterfood

• So Far E!

Re: Yesterfood

Ok... so I'm talking about WDW but I miss the pnut butter and jelly pizza thing they used to serve at Tomorrowland Terrace. Now all you can find are those prepackaged pb and j round icky things. :-( Waaaaaaaaaah!

*grumble* ok sorry back to being a grown up now. tee hee

• Yesterland AP

The flat bread and spring rolls at PCH Grille were really good, before the place was reworked as a "family dining" restaurant.

Also, the tostadas at Casa Mexicana were much better than their modern replacements. (The problem is the seasoning and/or oil used in cooking the meat.)

And I agree that the mint juleps used to be better.

I just got an AP again after a long absence, so I suppose I'll soon notice other favorite foods that have also disappeared from the park. Hopefully, I'll also discover a few new favorites.

• insufferable know-it-all

Once upon a time you could get awesome potato skins at Harbor Galley. Those went away long before it closed though

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Werner Weiss View Post
    Fresh-squeezed orange juice at the Sunkist Citrus House on Main Street and at "Sunkist, I Presume" in Adventureland.
    I also miss the Orange Juice popsicles they used to serve as well. I remember there was a 'cart' there near It's a Small World and you could buy them there. I LOVED LOVED LOVED these.

I used to like when they served 'snacks' and such at Carnation Plaza Gardens....shakes in Mickey Mugs and such.

• Defying gravity

I miss having all of the different popcorn buckets that you could collect. Now there is just one generic "Disney Parks" one with Mickey on it.... You would think that Disney would be jumping at the opportunity to sell more buckets to us...

• Koubu Pilot

One thing I didn't enjoy about the Yester-burgers at Tomorrowland Terrace was the fry sauce (mixture of Ketchup and mayo, very common in Utah). It was on every burger they sold.

•   
    • Ralzap

Wink Re: Yesterfood

I miss eating the vitamins from the upjohn pharmacy. Just kidding. If there is anything I miss it is the welches.
    Ralzap

• FastPass n00b

Quote Originally Posted by KnightStitchChica View Post
    They had different flavored churros!??!?! Like, what flavors?? I would've loved to try those :-)
    If I can remember correctly, Grape (in Tomorrowland), Strawberry (most places), and Apple (in New Orleans Square). They started around 1998 but I don't know when they ended.

And yes, their color did match their flavors...purple and red churros, what a sight to behold.

Does anyone remember the frozen chocolate malts from Carnation Ice Cream?

Post Re: Yesterfood

I miss the Fantasia ice cream more than anything. Two scoops on a cone. And on a good day a two scooper in the early afternoon and another in the evennig.

I was lamenting it's deminse again last week looking at all of the Dryers signs.

Question Re: Yesterfood

Space Mist anyone?

My best friends and I have an ongoing debate. We think we remember a fruit punch drink served in Tomorrowland called Space Mist. I think it was dispensed from one of those round plastic bubble gizmos on the snack bar. We can find no others than the three of us that remember this drink, so aren't sure if it was real or we made it up.

If you recall Space Mist, please speak up!

======================================

After I posted this I saw Space Mist mentioned in two other posts that I had somehow skipped over. Well at least I am not crazy, not smart, but not crazy. Forgive the newbie.
    Last edited by Tattered Tomcat; 05-10-2007 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Newer information

• Almost In Florida

Does anyone remember a "pizza sandwich" from I believe the Adventureland Veranda in the Magic Kingdom? I'm not sure if that is where we got them or not. This was around 1979-81. My father loved them so much he made them for us at least once a month for a year. It was a single piece of thick sliced bread covered with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese then pepperoni toasted in an oven.
    I'm a new member but a long time lurker, and really enjoy the news and opinions of everyone here. Thanks.

• ap holder

my cousin loooved the lasagna there, it was actually really good before it was called village haus. but i forgot the name of it :[ gepetto's something i think im not to sure

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy98 View Post
    I miss Big Thunder BBQ. I loved that place and the food was sooo good! Also the Lasgna at the Village Haus. And of course fantasia icecream!

• ap holder

surprisingly i do

Quote Originally Posted by ravenhair1us View Post

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenhair1us View Post
    Sure do...but I remember them more from vendors at baseball games than I do from DL.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast