Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Yesterfood

Re: Yesterfood

I miss the ham sandwiches from Tomorrowland Terrace, they had so much meat and would fill me up so quickly when I was little. I remember once, my sis and my cousin took me to the park and I ate one of those. They really wanted to ride Space Mountain, but I was way too full for that ride - however they thought I was still scared of the fast rides. I kept telling them it was because of my stomach being full, but they rode it while I watched Captain EO.

After we both got out of those attractions, my stomach had digested some of the food and I surprised them both when I asked to ride Space Mountain. It was the first time they saw me ride it and they were excited because they got to ride it twice.

kc

• Banned User

where was the monorail cafe?

also, maybe someone knows. it's now a locker room, but when you come up the current space mountain ramp, you are greeted by a long chain forcing you to go to the left, you would then see the big concourse area in the middle where the speed ramps used to be. (you would be overlooking the pizza port dining room outside below if you looked down) if you continued forward through that chain and turned to your right, you would go down a narrow hallway and be greeted via a big door in front of you, and to your right a glass door you can peek in, that's the locker room.

Was that used for a kitchen? I'm thinking maybe a small kitchen of some kind that maybe prepared small salads or something, similar to what the village haus has underground. It has a old looking sink in it, and even a old garbage chute that is now sealed off. the chute still sticks out above the current pizza port packer, but it's capped off.

i've heard they may have had a restaurant in that area, but have no idea, maybe even seen some photos of it, but I am so confused how to "place" photos from then into the current time frame of today. Very little remains in some areas to accurately place old stuff.

if it helps, the wall you see below the "carren through space, travel through the stars" or whatever in the space mountain fast space area is actually "false" there is a hole poked in the bottom of it, peeking behind it reveals a old red brick tile wall from floor to ceiling, many other areas in tommorrowland have that type of old red brick tile..

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Trader_Chris View Post
    Does anyone know what they did to screw up the fritters? Was this part of the "down-with-transfats" stupidity? They really aren't nearly as good, although the apple-butter seems about the same.

To a lesser degree, the same goes for the mint juleps. They don't seem as good as they used to. Is that my imagination?
    the Mint Julep drink syrup mix is kept in boxed bags exactly how coca cola is made for mass foodservice use. it's got a High Fructose Corn Syrup base to it, which may possibly be your problem with the taste of it? HFCS has changed the taste of alot of stuff, visit canada and purchase a bottle of canadian coca cola (or wait until the jewish holiday comes up and coca cola makes limited runs of coca cola with cane sugar in high jewish population areas) then compare it to the regular american junk.

all else I can remember from the mint julep syrup box is that it is made by a company in los angeles?

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mohavewolfpup View Post
    the Mint Julep drink syrup mix is kept in boxed bags exactly how coca cola is made for mass foodservice use. it's got a High Fructose Corn Syrup base to it, which may possibly be your problem with the taste of it? HFCS has changed the taste of alot of stuff, visit canada and purchase a bottle of canadian coca cola (or wait until the jewish holiday comes up and coca cola makes limited runs of coca cola with cane sugar in high jewish population areas) then compare it to the regular american junk.

all else I can remember from the mint julep syrup box is that it is made by a company in los angeles?
    The "syrup box" must have come in sometime after I left the New Orleans Main Kitchen in 1982. In my time there, we "cooked" the syrup in a large vat from a recipe involving sugar and large cans of creme de menthe and other such ingredients. Upon cooling the syrup was poured into Coke-like Co2 cannisters and refrigerated before they'd be taken upstairs, hooked to the carbonation unit and served.

The use of syrup-mix box from a company in LA probably attests to the decline in taste.

- Barry

PS...in case it hadn't already been stated....the Monorail Cafe was not in Tomorrowland...it was near the Disneyland Hotel station. There was a fast food restaurant called "The Space Place" which was adjacent to the old Space Mountain entertainment stage.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567