• MiceAge Columnist
    • Curator of Yesterland

Feb. 9, 2007: Disneyland Paris Villas, a Vacation Club that hardly anyone knows about

The addition to the Yesterland website for this Friday is Disneyland Paris Villas, a Vacation Club that hardly anyone knows about.

This isn't a traditional Yesterland article. It's not about something that's gone from Disneyland. Instead, it about something that's on-site at the Disneyland Paris Resort... and something that probably never will be.

Please discuss it here.
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

• Rock The World

Re: Feb. 9, 2007: Disneyland Paris Villas, a Vacation Club that hardly anyone knows a

Thanks for the article, Werner. I was working at the resort while they were building the Vacation Club properties, and your comment about it being a well kept secret rings absolutely true. Hardly anyone knows about it! The photo tour came as a welcome surprise, therefore. And it was a bit of a shock to see the Champion supermarket immortalised on Yesterland - I used to do my weekly shopping there!

• Senior Minion

Re: Feb. 9, 2007: Disneyland Paris Villas, a Vacation Club that hardly anyone knows a

The rooms look very cozy and relaxing, it would defintitely be worth investing in if one has the means.

Thanks Werner for the article.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

What a stunning little resort. In conjunction to the Disney hotels, where is this one located? I've never noticed it, and would LOVE to stay there. Do they only take Marriott Vacation Club points or can you book a direct reservation through Marriott somehow? Seems like the perfect accomodations for a trip to France.

Sorry for all the questions. We are in the early planning stages for another trip to Paris. Fishface has never been to Disneyland Paris, and I would love to stay someplace near the resort (with nicer rooms) than in Paris in a tiny run-down hotel (because I'm not sure that I want to pay for 4 stars in Paris).

Thank you for this very different, but wonderful, Yesterland article.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Curator of Yesterland

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    What a stunning little resort. In conjunction to the Disney hotels, where is this one located? I've never noticed it, and would LOVE to stay there. Do they only take Marriott Vacation Club points or can you book a direct reservation through Marriott somehow? Seems like the perfect accomodations for a trip to France.
    Essentially, the resort is in the middle of the Golf Disneyland course,

The location is not as convenient as the Disney-branded hotel at Disneyland Paris Resort. I don't remember the exact travel times, but I think the Marriott bus took about 10 minutes and the public bus took around 20 minutes (because it goes into a residential town along the way and makes several stops).

You can book at http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/PARDP

They currently have a spring rate of 155.00 EUR per night for a 2-bedroom, 2½-bathroom, 2-story townhouse. That seems like a good bargain, even after you convert the euros to US dollars.
    Werner Weiss

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

It's great to see this article as we are staying here for 2 weeks in June! There used to be stands to sell these at the Village about 6 years ago, and in the Disneyland Hotel and Hotel New York there were desks. In fact, these are also still available to buy, along with Newport Beach and Orlando locations for Disney Fans.

The homes also come with DVD players and stereos. I can't believe it's only costing us about 20% more than the Holiday Inn and less that Camp Davy Crockett and the Sequoia Lodge to stay here. We can't wait!

My wife and I just got back from DLRP yesterday and were both surprised and amused to see this article when we got home and checked one of our favorite "unofficial" Disney websites.

We are DVC members and used our points to stay at the Sequoia Lodge. We both really wished that DVC had a presence at DLRP. Sequoia was nice for a midrange hotel but nothing to write home and certainly not what we are used to.

While there are no DVC kiosks to be found at the DLRP there are two MarriottVillage d’Ile-de-France kiosks located at each end of DisneyVillage and they staffed with very aggressive sales people. If you are walking from your hotel or returning from the Parks you will be accosted by one of the people staffing the kiosks. They are there every day and they are very good at remembering faces. If you manage to get by them one day they will remember you the next day and make an even harder pitch.

We were put off by how aggressive the sales people were and even felt like avoiding Disney Village so as not be confronted. We were wondering why Disney would allow a competitor on their property and after reading this article it seems a little clearer. Sad though that DVC is’t partnered with MarriottVillage d’Ile-de-France since they are apparently not planning to provide service at DLRP.

• FastPass n00b

Wouldn't it be a lot easier if Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud's parents named him Jim or something? I guess when you're rich, you can afford the time to pronounce a name like this.

• FastPass n00b

"Sales are targeted to begin April 2002 with prices ranging from $12,100 to $23,100 per week of ownership."

What an amazing coincidence, that's what people are willing to pay for a small house in Southern California as well!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Curator of Yesterland

Quote Originally Posted by Athlonacon View Post
    Wouldn't it be a lot easier if Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud's parents named him Jim or something? I guess when you're rich, you can afford the time to pronounce a name like this.
    His Royal Highness Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud is a very successful investor—the 8th richest person in the world, and the richest Arab, according to Forbes Magazine.

Visit the KINGDOM HOLDING COMPANY (KHC) website to see His Royal Highness's investment portfolio. It's much more impressive than my investment portfolio!
    Werner Weiss

Smile Re: Feb. 9, 2007: Disneyland Paris Villas, a Vacation Club that hardly anyone knows a

One of the best kept secrets in the world of timeshare is villa rentals, particularly for those of you who are loyal Marriott patrons, I highly recommend Marriott Vacation Club's villa rentals program. The beauty of it is that dollar for dollar, you get so much more for your money in terms of the space, conveniences, amenities etc. and you can make your reservation the same way you would a hotel room at Marriott at www.marriott.com AND you don't have to be an owner.

If you are interested in timeshare but would prefer to not participate in a preview tour, this is a great way to get familiar with this type of accomodation/leisure product.

For those skeptics out there, look at the nightly rates for a Disney hotel and if you have brought your family with you, multiply that by two for two rooms, then compare that price, with the per-night rental price for a 2bed/bath villa at the Marriott Vacation Club Resort near Euro Disney.

Anyone can book nightly rentals at any of the Marriott Vacation Club resorts around the world. Their website www.marriott-vacations.com lists some 45 resorts around the world. The Euro Disney location is indeed a hidden gem.

Thank you for the insightful story on the property and the photos nicely illustrate your piece, particularly for those who have yet to visit.

• e komo mai

Ooh, that made me miss Paris and want to go back for a visit.

• insufferable know-it-all

Talking Re: Feb. 9, 2007: Disneyland Paris Villas, a Vacation Club that hardly anyone knows a

Excellent article, what a gem of info there! Makes me want to go back to France again! (not that I really need assistance in wanting to go to Europe!)

Great work, Werner!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Talking Re: Feb. 9, 2007: Disneyland Paris Villas, a Vacation Club that hardly anyone knows a

Thank you for all the information. We are coming in from Paris on the RER for two nights here. And you are correct we were beginning to wonder where this place was because only Marriott had any info.
    They have a free shuttle to train station and Disney?
    If we are leaving on Monday AM on the TGV to CDG airport do you have any advice as far as purchasing the train tickets etc.?
    Is it the same station as the RER we come in on?
    Any info you have is much appreciated!!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Curator of Yesterland

Quote Originally Posted by robi View Post
    Thank you for all the information. We are coming in from Paris on the RER for two nights here. And you are correct we were beginning to wonder where this place was because only Marriott had any info.
    They have a free shuttle to train station and Disney?
    If we are leaving on Monday AM on the TGV to CDG airport do you have any advice as far as purchasing the train tickets etc.?
    Is it the same station as the RER we come in on?
    Any info you have is much appreciated!!
    The TGV station and the RER station are at the same place—between the bus stops and the theme park entrances.

The free bus between Marriott’s Village d’Ile-de-France and the train station has a published schedule, but at limited times. Especially with luggage, you might be better off with a taxi (despite the cost of a taxi) to the train station.

We took a pre-arranged taxi van directly to Paris CDG Airport. It was expensive, but it was very convenient with luggage. With four of us, the TGV train would have been expensive too.

It's probably best to call the Marriott directly to ask them what they currently recommend.
    Werner Weiss