Rescue Rangers Raceway

I think there was an attraction at one time called the "Rescue Rangers Raceway". I know it was different from the Autopia of Tommorowland. I think it was in Fantasyland or one of the other "lands" within Disneyland. Anyone remember it?

Re: Rescue Rangers Raceway

It was part of a Disney Afternoon Avenue event.......
    They put painted Rescue Rangers flats throughout the Fantasyland Autopia. They also had Gummi Bears flats in the Motorboat Cruise and false front Duckburg buildings along the Small World Mall.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

I remember that. Looking back, it was pretty cheezy.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Happy Memories

Hey where's Twinmom's sister? We had this very same conversation during the anniversary weekend.

• Ian The Fox

Does anyone have any pictures? I'd love to see some.
    Woof!

• Koubu Pilot

I remember the RR Raceway. Cardboard cut outs of Fat Cat and his minions were everywhere. All the FL Autopia cars had the Rescue Ranger logo on them. I wish I could get some of the home movies at my parent's house into digital format b/c our 1991 trip has footage of us on the People Mover travelling over it.

THey were still there in early 1992 and even as an 11 year old who liked the Gummi Bears (I remember them as part of the Motorboat Cruise) I remeber being kinda appaled by them (yes I was a snobby Disney freak even back then--you shoulda seen how aghast I was when they announced doing direct to video sequels with Return of Jafar). They did look cheap and it seemed that they coulda at least made them three dimensional or something? I can't think very many more people went on the motorboats because there were gummi bears there now...

(Speaking of Rescue Rangers I'm always kinda surprised thye haven't tried to retheme Gadget's Coaster)

I swear there is a website with pics of most of the cut outs for the Motor Boat Cruise but not the Autopia somewher ebut google wasn't helping me find it...

E

• Ben

Quote Originally Posted by EricMontreal22 View Post
    THey were still there in early 1992 and even as an 11 year old who liked the Gummi Bears (I remember them as part of the Motorboat Cruise) I remeber being kinda appaled by them (yes I was a snobby Disney freak even back then--you shoulda seen how aghast I was when they announced doing direct to video sequels with Return of Jafar). They did look cheap and it seemed that they coulda at least made them three dimensional or something? I can't think very many more people went on the motorboats because there were gummi bears there now...

(Speaking of Rescue Rangers I'm always kinda surprised thye haven't tried to retheme Gadget's Coaster)

I swear there is a website with pics of most of the cut outs for the Motor Boat Cruise but not the Autopia somewher ebut google wasn't helping me find it...

E
    I used Google and found these sites:
    http://www.juliestudio.com/DA/index.html
    http://www.sullivanet.com/pirateisla...t/stampmap.htm
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=vgslN8q6fPk

That YouTube link has some other things in the "Related" box, like the Disney Afternoon Celebration parade (SO 90'S!!!), and the Plane Crazy stage show that was in the Fantasyland Theatre.

And, I too am surprised they haven't torn down (or at least re-themed) Gadget's Go-Coaster.