Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: April 2, 2007: Coca-Cola Tomorrowland Terrace Stage

The Coke Terrace was used, along with the Tommorrowland stage, as an important music venue. In the late '60s, during Summer and Holiday time, there was always name entertainment. I saw Gary Puckett and the Union Gap....The Five Americans...The Classics Four.....Booker T and the MGs.....Sam and Dave...and others perform there. Disney was serious about their bookings because these were all bands who had hits on the radio at that time.

Even if you had to pay admission, I think it was $4 at the time, it made for a fun and inexpensive evening of dancing to live music.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

The TT stage was also the home to a very cool concert by Michael Iceberg, the crazy synth guy that used to play in WDW in what is now Cosmic Ray's. The entire concert is on Youtube -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxyD_R76wII

• FastPass n00b

I haven't seen the stage since it changed from "Club Buzz" (what a stupid concept that was) back into its rightful name/theme. But from what I've seen it looks really neat, especially that stylized "Tomorrowland Terrace" writing on the back of it. There is nothing in that section of Disneyland that a little money couldn't fix, there's plenty of ideas for that area, it's just always been a matter of money. Thankfully they are all out of Buzz Lightyear themes, although you never know with Disney's obsession with Pixar nowadays, so I think it's going to have to be Star Wars from this point out. Heaven forbid we actually put an original theme into Disneyland, I'd just like them to bring back the classic attractions that never should've been taken out in the first place.

The current Tomorrowland Terrace is a major improvement over what was there. Granted, it's not a very difficult feat to pull off, given what was there before it, but at least they realized how silly it was to have a toy-themed stage in the middle of a futuristic-themed land.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12