Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: April 9, 2007: Avalon Cove by Wolfgang Puck

Now I'm sorry I missed the Wolfgang Puck phase of that restaurant. The prices on the menu aren't nearly as pricey as I expected them to be! They're pretty much in line with what you'd see in a fair-to-middling restaurant in Hollywood, even back in 01.

• DTM3000

As an AP and a big fan of the old D.I.G., I waited with anticipation for the opening of DCA...and , like most of the rest of you... was very disappointed. The one bright spot for me was The Cove Bar. The employees were employees of Wolfgang Puck - not Disney - and it showed... I found the bartenders to be some of the best I've encountered anywhere and I soon became a regular... it was sad as we saw it fall apart... the bartenders all knew their days wre numbered.... I understand Puck's and Mondavi's position... Disney sold them a bills of goods...
    Still I miss the great appetizer menu (sushi!) and the bartender (Mike?) who recognized me as a regular and a great tipper and who would serve me all sorts of wild concoctions and still only charge me for one $5.50 Jack Daniels!
    Wow, I was a "Norm!" at a Disneyland Bar... I miss the early '00's!
    The Cove Bar is still there... It's opened less frequently and more downplayed. I was there last Wednesday (4/4/07) and had a great time.... but it's not the same somehow... I wished the appetizer menu was more varied. Kudus, I guess for keeping it opened when they probably could've gotten away with closing it. I finally got to Epcot last summer and I agree with some of the other posters: the Disney Bar experience can be fun without being a drunkfest.
    Last edited by dtm3000; 04-10-2007 at 12:28 AM. Reason: grammer
    "...Thank You For Being You and Not Somebody Else..."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Wow, I wish I had been able to eat there! That menu is right up my alley...

Guess I'm definitely going to have to go to Ariel's Grotto now. I wanted to before, but I had no idea that it looked so beautiful inside.

• Yeah...I'm cool

Quote Originally Posted by dtm3000 View Post
    As an AP and a big fan of the old D.I.G., I waited with anticipation for the opening of DCA...and , like most of the rest of you... was very disappointed. The one bright spot for me was The Cove Bar. The employees were employees of Wolfgang Puck - not Disney - and it showed... I found the bartenders to be some of the best I've encountered anywhere and I soon became a regular... it was sad as we saw it fall apart... the bartenders all knew their days wre numbered.... I understand Puck's and Mondavi's position... Disney sold them a bills of goods...
    Still I miss the great appetizer menu (sushi!) and the bartender (Mike?) who recognized me as a regular and a great tipper and who would serve me all sorts of wild concoctions and still only charge me for one $5.50 Jack Daniels!
    Wow, I was a "Norm!" at a Disneyland Bar... I miss the early '00's!
    The Cove Bar is still there... It's opened less frequently and more downplayed. I was there last Wednesday (4/4/07) and had a great time.... but it's not the same somehow... I wished the appetizer menu was more varied. Kudus, I guess for keeping it opened when they probably could've gotten away with closing it. I finally got to Epcot last summer and I agree with some of the other posters: the Disney Bar experience can be fun without being a drunkfest.
    When we went to Mondavi for dinner on night, brfore he pulled out, the waitress explained to us that they are Mondavi employees not Disney. She said they were looking to relocate the Mondavi restaurant in OC, and that the one at DCA would not remain to long.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12