Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Would Adventures Thru Inner Space do good these days?

I have heard and seen a lot of neat things about Adventures Thru Inner Space as of late. So I wanted to know, if Disney decided to bring it back within the next few years, do you think it would be a popular ride among the public and possibly become a fan favorite again? I personally would love to experience this attraction.

•   

Re: Would Adventures Thru Inner Space do good these days?

It would do well today just as it did in the late 70's and early 80's - as a makeout ride. It would get lots of riders, but few would actually pay attention to what is going on.

I know your question was a serious one and I know the answer may not be what you were looking for, but it is the truth.

Adventure thru Inner Space was closed on Grad Nites for a reason.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

It would be a great attraction again, especially with enhanced modern effects.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Disgruntled Former CM

I think that if the technology of the ride was updated (it was pretty hip for the 70's - not so much for today's teen / adult) it would still be good - everyone did love it back in 'The Day' - especially kids. Like many other things, it never got updated, no newer technology (or information, or education) got introduced, and eventually people tired of it - even if it was a "must see" attraction; like Carousel of Progress / America Sings.

Yes, it was also known as a great "Tunnel of Love": dark, semi private, several minutes to yourself(selves)

Have you seen the MiceAge article about the DVD Virtual Adventure Through Inner Space?! Looks exactly like the real thing - brought back a lot of memories... of life in the AtomMobiles!

• Mousketeer

I doubt it would do well. Attention spans have dropped, Disney has all but given up on rides or shows that educate. Look at Epcot.

Maybe if they made it a roller coaster, allowed you to shoot the atoms with a ray gun (ala BLAB) or put in a loop.

• The Unknown Princess

Quote Originally Posted by EvilQueen View Post
    I think that if the technology of the ride was updated (it was pretty hip for the 70's - not so much for today's teen / adult) it would still be good - everyone did love it back in 'The Day' - especially kids. Like many other things, it never got updated, no newer technology (or information, or education) got introduced, and eventually people tired of it - even if it was a "must see" attraction; like Carousel of Progress / America Sings.

Yes, it was also known as a great "Tunnel of Love": dark, semi private, several minutes to yourself(selves)

Have you seen the MiceAge article about the DVD Virtual Adventure Through Inner Space?! Looks exactly like the real thing - brought back a lot of memories... of life in the AtomMobiles!

LOL EQ! I think you should make that last sentence "Of life created on the AtomMobiles!"

If they updated this ride with the type of technology they have today it would be a whole new ride. I would so love this ride to come if only so I can terrorize my son with what my dad told me "We get smaller and hopefully we get back to actual size"...
    Always keep smiling because you never know who is falling in love with it.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Part of the Disney Ohana

--------------------------------------------------------

• Disgruntled Former CM

Cool Re: Would Adventures Thru Inner Space do good these days?

Quote Originally Posted by dizzydisneydee View Post
    LOL EQ! I think you should make that last sentence "Of life created on the AtomMobiles!"

If they updated this ride with the type of technology they have today it would be a whole new ride. I would so love this ride to come if only so I can terrorize my son with what my dad told me "We get smaller and hopefully we get back to actual size"...
    You mean I topped off at 5'6" because of one too many trips to visit the molecules?!?!

Any proof that life was created in the AtomMobiles?
    "The Wonders Of Life" - semi-sponsored by Monsanto?!

• Santa Barbara, CA

It would translate well as 3D IMAX movie at a science museum.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Ahh, Adventure Through Inner Space! That ride used to freak me out when I was a kid! Especially the part when you see the eye looking at you through the microscope.

Little did I know it then, but when I got into high school ATIS quickly became my favorite for reasons I won't mention!

• Iron-Clad Allie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5csCPFQ6iRQ

Click to link to a fun YouTube virtual ride thru of Adventure Thru Inner Space (includes original audio). This, unfortunately, is not a complete mock up. Nevertheless, it's pretty cool...and brings back memories. Interestinly enough, Monsanto is financially backing another ATIS virtual film.

The Omnimovers are one of the main elements that made the ride so stirring...so captivating. Of course HH's Doom Buggies were an off-shoot of this innovative ride system...which has a great deal to do with the relatively new Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters being a highly popular ride.

I'm afraid, though, that the ride would need more than new special effects in order to appeal to today's audiences. The ride would require a whole new set of advanced technology, an innovative ride system that stands out, as well as a new storyline. A provocative new title would also serve to capture a new interest. Perhaps something along the lines of Universe Within: A Multisensory Adventure.

The former attraction was, as has been indicated, two attractions in one. It doubled as Disney's Inner Spaced-Out Tunnel Of Love, or as many of the on-stage cast members and off-stage employees fondly referred to it - Adventure Thru Inter Course.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 05-19-2007 at 08:11 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Minion

Adventure Thru Inner Space was a great ride, a psychedelic journey through a microscopic world of groovy sights and sounds. Those who interpet it as a passive educational learning experience like a film (or Body Wars) do not do it justice. The experience was completely immersive, with the track leading your Atommobile backwards down a ramp as the props got bigger and bigger. The visceral effect was incredible for its time, it really felt like you were shrinking - - but todays effects possibilities would blow the roof off. The theme is timeless, the psychedelia and visual trip unlike anything else at the park. It should return in juiced-up form. No doubt.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I do believe that Adventure Thru Inner Space would be a successful attraction. At one time, so did the Imagineers. Cosmic Journeys was one of the attractions proposed for WestCOT's Future World. This was an expanded version of Adventure Thru Inner Space that would include both shrinking and enlargening.

• Nerd.

Wink Re: Would Adventures Thru Inner Space do good these days?

I hate to say this...but I don't think it would be popular. It seems like everything now has to be so over the top and busy etc..etc... that this ride would bore many. Sometimes I watch old videos of the parks on youtube and elements of the park seem so simple and stripped down (like the parades) versus how they are now. But if it were still there, I would sure ride it. It was fun being shrunken down to such a small size for a little while!!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Adventure Thru Inner Space with an updated storyline, effects and animatronics, and really amazing geek-out factoids would make this a cool attraction for Tomorrowland.

I would most certainly love it.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Blog Entries

I would love to see WoL gutted and a brand new storyline, new ridethrough with updated effects etc... put into that building. It would be great to have a nice in depth AA type dark ride in Epcot again. It would need tons of new effects, but I think it could work in Epcot just fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast