Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Audio of Yesterland.

What are some of the audio pieces you remember playing in the Disney parks that no longer can be heard? This can be audio from extinct rides, from parades/fireworks shows that no longer exist, ambient audio files that no longer are played, etc.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: Audio of Yesterland.

The "old"at least 1960's-80's voice (if not the original) of the Disneyland Railroad.

All of the spoken audio and music from "America On Parade".

Of course all of the audio and music from the Disneyland MSEP.

The spiel from the original submarine voyage...and those from the different eras of the Disneyland-Alweg monorail.

The peppy "Go Go Goodyear" theme of the Peoplemover and the associated spiels (I do not miss Tron or the silly SuperSpeed Tunnel)

Teddy Buckner and his Jazz All-Stars at the French Market

The actual big bands that played during the summer at Carnation Plaza Gardens

The various spiels introducing the old "Fantasy In the Sky" fireworks

Both "America Sings" and its predecessor GE Carousel of Progress

ATIS

more to come...

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Someone told me that the old peoplemover theme is played at the Autopia. Is this true?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Teddy Buckner and his Jazz All-Stars at the French Market

The actual big bands that played during the summer at Carnation Plaza Gardens

The various spiels introducing the old "Fantasy In the Sky" fireworks

Both "America Sings" and its predecessor GE Carousel of Progress

ATIS

more to come...

--Barry
    There ya go, Barry. Good ones.

I really miss those big bands. I never ever thought they'd go away, honestly. When I found out that Carnation was no longer a Disneyland sponsor and the big bands were gone, a little part of me just died.

I mean, even though Nestle (which acquired both Carnation and Hills Bros. in 1985, although they sold Hills Bros. in 1999) is still a major Disneyland sponsor (they own Dreyer's), the fact that they decided against continued sponsorship with the Carnation brand, and of the Plaza Gardens in particular, was a poor one, IMHO.
    Last edited by TiaDalmaFan; 07-17-2007 at 01:11 AM.

• Lowering Expectations

Quote Originally Posted by Synthetrix View Post
    Someone told me that the old peoplemover theme is played at the Autopia. Is this true?
    True! You can hear it on the speakers in the queue - the ones that intermittently spit out safety warnings from the Autopia cars. In addition to some Peoplemover songs, there are a few other old Tomorrowland gems, like the Monorail song.

The music interests me more than the ride itself.
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

• He dort Herausgeberkerl!

Speaking of Teddy Buckner, iTunes has one album of Teddy Buckner and his band playing Louis Armstrong standards. That sure takes me back to nights at the French Market...
    "Now, it's garbage." Oscar Madison, "The Odd Couple"

www.theblueparrot.info

Disney, Pop Culture and Entertainment. 6 Days A Week.

• skyway fan!

im still looking for the original skyway safety spiel.can anyone help??
    robert
    long live the 1st vonroll type 101.the disneyland skyway.rest in peace old friend.love ya skyway! bring back the skyway!http://groups.yahoo.com/group/disneylandskyway/ My Facebook Skyway group http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...d=115004863923

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Blue Parrot View Post
    Speaking of Teddy Buckner, iTunes has one album of Teddy Buckner and his band playing Louis Armstrong standards. That sure takes me back to nights at the French Market...
    Thanks so much for that tip! I've just downloaded several of the songs there, and you're right...it sure does take you back to "the Market", and the good ole NOS of old.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Beat the bruins!

Quote Originally Posted by vonrollskyway1 View Post
    im still looking for the original skyway safety spiel.can anyone help??
    robert
    Do you mean the one when they have to stop it to let a disabled passenger on? The one by Jack Wagner?
    The Kid

• skyway fan!

i think so.they said over the speakers on the towers..we have temporarly stopped the skyway,this is a routine procedure.the skyway will resume operation in a minute..thank you....any idea where i can find it.ive been looking for it for years.
    long live the 1st vonroll type 101.the disneyland skyway.rest in peace old friend.love ya skyway! bring back the skyway!http://groups.yahoo.com/group/disneylandskyway/ My Facebook Skyway group http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...d=115004863923

• Beat the bruins!

Quote Originally Posted by vonrollskyway1 View Post
    i think so.they said over the speakers on the towers..we have temporarly stopped the skyway,this is a routine procedure.the skyway will resume operation in a minute..thank you....any idea where i can find it.ive been looking for it for years.
    There were two versions. One is by some random dude, the other one is by Jack Wagner...he's the one who did "remain seated please..."
    The Kid

• Once A Skip Always A Skip

I miss the old disneyland closing with Mickey and the gang singing "now it's time to say goodbye"....always made left me with that good feeling that can only be had by a child at the end of a Disneyland day. What do we get now? Some random voice telling us that the park is closed, but that we can continue to shop.
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

• skyway fan!

Smile Re: Audio of Yesterland.

Quote Originally Posted by trojanrobmc View Post
    There were two versions. One is by some random dude, the other one is by Jack Wagner...he's the one who did "remain seated please..."
    i dont remember if it is jack wagneri remember the voice.it sounds like him.do you know where i can hear it??

• Blue, Please.

The audio I miss the most is the old Railroad audio. Everytime I ride it now I keep waiting to hear "we've doused the smoking lamp" after the Frontierland station (I think it was after that one, it's been a while), but alas it plays no more.

I miss the Peoplemover, song too.

I also miss the Chip'n'Dale spiel from the Autopia from when they had the Disney Afternoon makeover.

• Ian The Fox

The cheezy Peoplemover elevator music which has become so endearing.
    Woof!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast