• Banned User

Talking Just to say thanks!

I just wanted to say thank you to all of the people here that post older pictures of Disneyland. I was born and raised in SoCal, mostly in Ontario and Garden Grove. My grandparents lived 8 blocks south of DL, so I was a frequent visitor. Mainly I would go with my aunt, and we usually went 5 or more times a year. Then, my parents decided to drag me all the way to Pennsylvania in 1991. I was able to come back to visit in 1992, and thus my last visit to DL was in the summer of 1992.

These old pictures mean a lot to me since I have few from all of the trips I took there. I was highly disappointed to see that they had taken out the Skyway, Mission to Mars, The Peoplemover and the Country Bear Jamboree. I especially loved the Peoplemover because of the Tron segment.

I'm planning on taking my family next year around May or so. I want to make sure we go when most of the rides are up and there's not too much of a crowd. My main focus is to share in the magic that is DL with my children. My daughter will be 8 by then and my son will be 7, so I know they'll have a blast. My main focus will be the HM, PoTC, IASW and FN:SV, and from there on whatever else comes along. We will probably head over to DCA to see the MSEP, even though it won't be the same as it was when it was in DL.

Enough of my rambling though, I just wanted to say thanks to you all for keeping my childhood alive through you pictures. Please keep up the good work!

• Pathetically Obsessed

Re: Just to say thanks!

You're so right about Yesterland being such a valuable gem of a site! I also look at those pictures and remember my childhood experiences with my Dad and grandparents. Seeing those pictures is a great way to connect with Disneyland's past and it helps us remember the magic so we can show our kids and let them have/make their own magic.
    "Fire at will, boys!"

"Which one's Will?