View Poll Results: Space Mountain: Better old or new?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • The old version is way better!!!

24 30.00%
  • The New one rules!!!

44 55.00%
  • There about the same to me

12 15.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Perhaps he knows too much

Re: The Old Space Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    I wouldn't say the new effects are bad. But it wasn't really an "upgrade". Most of these things were added not to make the experience better, but to cover up for the fact that Space Mountain's track needed to be rebuilt due to poor maintenance. It was just to give TDA something to market when it returned.

Don't get me wrong. It isn't a bad ride now. It's just that on a personal level it went from being an A+ experience to a B. Your milage may vary.
    Totally agree...I can't say "oh, they f'd up the ride" or anything like that, but nothing that was added is an improvement on what's been taken away.

• Minion

Is the current track an exact copy of the original DL track? I heard something about a drop that didn't make it into the new SM.

I do miss the original entrance but that was removed in the TL98 redo, not the replacement of the track.

While it was nice to see the cars glowing in the dark, I much prefer the darker environment that has been created in the "new" version.

As I understand it, the track layout is identical to the original attraction. The new cars are better as the sound system has been properly designed into the cars. The cookie was fun to spot but overall I like the effects better now.

We need the PeopleMover running through the building again!
    The Mur

• Roller Coaster Aficionado

I do enjoy the new refurbished Space Mountain, but I did think that the rickety-ness of the old ride added to the thrill of the ride somewhat. Not that it was overly rickety, but well u know what I mean. But then I also like the MK Space Mountain better than the Disneyland one because the cars are much smaller and it seems like it would be easier to fall out. (Also adding a little thrill to the ride). What can I say I'm an adrenaline junkie.

• Monorail Lover

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    I think you are confusing Space Mountain 2005 with Rockin' Space Mountain.

The current version of Space Mountain is actually darker than the 1977 version.
    the first time i was ever on space mountain was in 2005 so i never knew that it was brighter than it is for rockin space mountain
    Signature down for reimagineering.

• professional beet farmer

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatekong View Post
    the first time i was ever on space mountain was in 2005 so i never knew that it was brighter than it is for rockin space mountain

The new space mountain is much darker than the old one. I found the old one thrilling when i was younger but when i got older it became predictable and not as fun. when they redid it i thought it was awesome. it was darker, and got some new effects, complete with corny glowing red ball removal. The new one is by far better.

• just the beernecessities

The new Space Mountain is much smoother than the old one, and because of that seems faster. And I actually liked the Rockin' version better. The Space Mountain in FL is cool because you sit down lower, closer to the tracks, like the Matterhorn, and that the actual building is bigger, the ride may be longer. But FL is really rickty. The overall concept for Space Mountain has alot of untapped potential, outer space is a big place and high speed turns in a smallish building doesn't really cut it. When you look at the old DL maps ( late sixties and early seventies) with Space Mountain on them, then called Spaceport, the attraction looks huge, and even has what looks like portions of track that shoot out and then back into the building. I would have taken the COP building and made a really big version, maybe with enclosed tunnels that went out into and and over Tomorrowland.
    Last edited by HeyBaloo; 11-04-2007 at 11:16 AM.
    Hello everyone!

I liked it the old way and the new way. Both of them even being the same ride have there own good qualities. I even enjoyed rocking. The track is the same and the fastes you go is 50 or 55 mph. The ride will always be fun.

• [Explitive deleted]

Quote Originally Posted by HeyBaloo View Post
    The new Space Mountain is much smoother than the old one, and because of that seems faster. And I actually liked the Rockin' version better. The Space Mountain in FL is cool because you sit down lower, closer to the tracks, like the Matterhorn, and that the actual building is bigger, the ride may be longer. But FL is really rickty. The overall concept for Space Mountain has alot of untapped potential, outer space is a big place and high speed turns in a smallish building doesn't really cut it. When you look at the old DL maps with Space Mountain on them, then called Spaceport, the attraction looks huge, and even has what looks like portions of track that shoot out and then back into the building. I would have taken the COP building and made a really big version, maybe with enclosed tunnels that went out into and and over Tomorrowland.
    Awesome, but impractical

Everybody wins when Zoidburg wins!!!

"Meet my friend, Joe Camel, the kids love him!"

• just the beernecessities

Not really; any out and back coaster works on the same idea. Even the PeopleMover could be considered an out and back.

-Zoidburg Rules!
    Hello everyone!

• [Explitive deleted]

yeah but you said out of the building and then back in

Everybody wins when Zoidburg wins!!!

"Meet my friend, Joe Camel, the kids love him!"

• Let's get dangerous!

Quote Originally Posted by HeyBaloo View Post
    The new Space Mountain is much smoother than the old one, and because of that seems faster. And I actually liked the Rockin' version better.
    Me too! Rockin' was a lot of fun, and I *gasp* actually loved seeing the track. It added to the thrill. Old Space Mountain was a bit too rough for me, but I still liked it - I just prefer the new one a lot more. The music rocks!

• Must Ride Space Mountain

Blog Entries

I love the old SM. My husband loves the rockin SM because of the lights. I love the darkness. I do miss the preview adn the old enterance. TL is not the same the way it is now. Oh well the ride is cool anyway. It is always the first thing my family goes on when enter the park and it is the last ride before we leave.
    I know you, I walked with you once apon a dream. See ya at the park! BFA. (Black Family Alert).

Talking Re: The Old Space Mountain

bla bla bla.. You totally forgot about the first time we went on that scary thing and saw the inside of the ride threw the seeing room.. now that was scary.. Before we conqured that thing.

• Must Ride Space Mountain

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Denden77 View Post
    bla bla bla.. You totally forgot about the first time we went on that scary thing and saw the inside of the ride threw the seeing room.. now that was scary.. Before we conqured that thing.

Yeah little man and I remember you still screaming like a girl in it now.
    I know you, I walked with you once apon a dream. See ya at the park! BFA. (Black Family Alert).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast